September Long Challenge 2019

Greetings CodeChef community!

Did you enjoy the servings in the CodeChef’s August Lunchtime? Hopefully, you achieved an improved rating and a heapful of mouthwatering CodeChef Laddus.

Now, the CodeChef’s September Long Challenge is just around the corner. Everyone is encouraged to partake in this long contest, starting 6th September till 16th September. It is an occasion to put to test your exceptional programming skills.

The problem statements will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

Do join your fellow programmers and actively participate in this thrilling contest! Accompanying me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 6th September 2019 (1500 hrs) to 16th September 2019 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/SEPT19

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 20 performers in Indian category and top 10 performers in Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: https://goodies.codechef.com/. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck!

Hope to see you participating!!

Happy Programming !!

18 Likes

Really excited ! :smile: Hope to solve some new problems! and improve ratings alongside :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Opposite scenario for me :frowning: Can’t participate this time due to exams . Anyways, all the best ! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s awful bro! :sweat:… night before exam preparation is the way :sunglasses: jai shri coding :pray:

10 Likes

The problems will be as difficult as the august long challenge?

It can be, it may not be, cannot be sure, first 3-4 are simple-easy then it heats up

In DIV-2, first 5 problems(and equivalently 2 in DIV-1) are quite easy, it is the 6th problem from where the fun begins.

@anon61063586 Do participate!

1 Like

what does this mean ?

The first user to solve the problems in the Long Challenge(except the Tiebreaker problem), will get 100 laddus. This is what the statement means.

1 Like

Hoping for something exciting :metal:

1 Like

Very much excited! Let’s do this. _/_

2 Likes

Let’s suppose that you are the first one in solving k problems (no other contestant got full score before you in any of those problems), then you will get 100*k laddus;

Got it Thankyou. …

Unfortunatly it is lot of math this time.
In fact, I would call only two of the A problems “programming problem”, the others are more like “math problems”.

3 Likes

This is not true at all :laughing:

1 Like

Hello, Editorials for most problems are ready , and are in verification phase. They will be released at the earliest

2 Likes

My dp solution for Chef and Interesting Subsequences :

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/26314531

1 Like

No need to think about DP . Very Easy Problem . You should look at this solution
here . :grinning:

2 Likes

By looking at the small constraints, brute force (dp) was the only thing that popped in my mind. :slightly_smiling_face:
I did figure out the simpler approach later…

1 Like