Should January Lunchtime be Rated?

Make it Rated. Or make cookoff unrated too.

7 Likes

Very True

1 Like

@ashishgup why don’t you hire better engineers for the website? In your last intern hiring, i did the development round as well. The website i made was extremely stable using many backend techniques to reduce server load and everything.

I don’t know why your hiring people rejected me :frowning: , and i respect their opinion but they are not doing good at the moment right? As someone, who created a local OJ for a project. I was much experienced at these things and would have found or maybe help find some way to resolve these things.

But anyways, hope to see codechef back in the OJ game again.

If not, maybe in coming years, i would start an OJ of my own, maybe a little less fancy…but more stable :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hey , ashish gupta is admin not the owner of CC or unacademy .

4 Likes

I don’t remember seeing a vote for making unrated contest rated in the little time I was here. The very act of creating the poll shows how much the participants want it to be rated , please consider this @admin :pleading_face: Also , if this poll can be made a part of the announcement or something so that everyone can see it after opening the site, everyone would be able to vote. I believe this issue deserves a vote.

1 Like

@admin @ashishgup I think making the contest rated will make experience better because everyone gave there 100 % at least for the first 2 hours of the contest and people do expect a long queue while participating in codechef contest and it is what it is.There are two sides to it a person who didnt do contest well will want the contest unrated while a person who did well will want it be rated , so i personally feel the contest should be rated.

4 Likes

Please make it rated. I did 4 out of 6 and I am only 6 points away to become a 4 star. Please please please make it rated.

1 Like

so why didnt you just give us extra 30 min like cookoff…in cookoff it was worser than lunctime and you just gave 30 min extra and remain it rated…why didnt you do same thing in lunctime!.
i agree someone faced problem in cookoff and someone in lunctime…
so either make both of them rated or make both of them unrated

2 Likes

everyone is facing same issue… i don’t think it is required to unrate the contest… Cook-off also have same issue but it was not unrated.

1 Like

@admin please make lunchtime rated

people who got negative delta can improve later, but the last 30-40 mins shall not ruin the people who performed good for first 2 hours.

Two contests, cookoff and lunchtime, same thing happened for both, @admin made one rated, one unrated according to god knows what logic.
Official statement for Lunchtime by modertor: It just makes the overall contest fair, because if there is a good enough ratio of contestants who suffered, or even a majority who could not see their verdicts for so long, it just does not make sense for the contest to be rated.

When asked: What about cookoff then?
Moderator be like: Hamara platform, hamari marzi, jo mann me aaega, krenge This makes very much sense, isn’t it? slow claps

Two conclusions, either one out of these is definitely true:
1. Codechef doesn’t give a shit about the platform users (Unacademy is funding, life set hai)
2. Applying contest ratings for Lunchtime is practically impossible for
incompetent codechef employees (handle hi nhi ho rha traffic)

2 Likes

He has explained the logic here, please read it first .

Official Statement regarding LunchTime:

My take on Cookoff:
Was the Cookoff fair to the participants? I don’t think it was.
You might ask why do you think so?
Because while I was reloading and reloading getting 503 Error and other errors at every stage of problem submission, I could still see the number of successful count increasing constantly, all confused, checking my internet again and again, thinking it was happening only with me.
Also, you can check, the official statement that the issues have been mostly resolved came at 10:45 pm, that is exactly half way into the contest, 1 hour 15 minutes after the start for a 2 hour 30 minute contest and to be honest, I do think many many people have left till then assuming that the contest would be unrated as normally happens.

If you still believe that cookoff was fair to all participants, unfortunately we have very different views on it.

You can check this once. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with Lunchtime being unrated but I do have a problem with Lunchtime being unrated and Cookoff being rated since both were not fair to alteast 5% of users, that is still relatively large

2 Likes

Ek kaam Karna Chahiye ye Rating system hi hata dena Chahiye Jisse such me practice karne ki hai wahi ayega crowd bhi kam hojayega system pe unnecessary load bhi kam hojayega
Kya pata kitne log solution kharid kar rated contest dete hai jisse kisika fayda to hota nahi but kisika nuksan jarur hota hai .
What do you think guys ?

Personally view, both Cook-off and LT are unrated is a good choice even I will get positive delta in both contests.

In the case of Cook-off, there is a penalty for submission time(ICPC style), so the trouble occurs earlier, the larger the trouble become (though admins say that the last about 2 hours there are no trouble). Then, I don’t think sudden extend and still rated (though '20 Dec LT has a similar trouble) of the contest is fair for the contestants.

In the case of LT, there is no penalty for WA. And I think most of participants(maybe who says there are few troubles in the contest) got their maximum score before judgement failed issue(and they will be winners of the contest). Even though, the judgement failed issue is a huge problem. So I also cannot say that this contest is fair for the participants.

Very very very personally view, I want both of the contest are rated because I’ll become a 7-star :frowning:

6 Likes

please make it rated we will do hard work @admin

Why admin is ignoring this post?. At least he can give some reply. People are actively posting about it. I guess it was predecided to make lunchtime unrated this was the reason lunchtime questions were easy.

1 Like

3 Likes