Should October LunchTime be Unrated?

Hi ! This is Abhishek here.
I participated in lunchtime yesterday and spend too much time on "KTH97 "problem because my idea was correct . And all were WA initially BUT after the contest they all got AC i mean WHY ??? , may be many of others faced this issue as well , and even after getting AC , rating has already been updated with earlier score .
i dont know if my opinion is right or not , but should’nt this contest be unrated ?

7 Likes

In some sense , yeah codechef community becoming more irritating
At first icpc then this …

4 Likes

Although the ratings have been updated, I wish they roll back the changes. I also kept submitting and trying to debug the same solution for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. I may have solved some other question, in case the test cases of this problem were correct.

Just on a quick note , unrated means for both divs right?

1 Like

Since the problem was rated only for Division 1 and it influenced indeed the performance of users who tried to debug it, it should be unrated only for Division 1. The division 2 contest ran without technical issues and should remain rated.

1 Like

Same for me as well, I spent hours optimising the binomial coefficients and it became AC after the contest and my rating naturally fell :frowning:

My rank is 45 after resolving issue.
Pinged them at 8:30 about this issue and kept pinging every 5-15 mins. Still they were so confident till end of contest.
They discard all Contests when my rank is good :sob:.
I need it to be rated.

4 Likes

Since the ranklist has been updated, I guess they might consider recalculating ratings instead of making it unrated.

1 Like

@admin Rating changes are according to the rank status before re-judgement. Why isn’t it updated? Or are there any plans to not include that problem or make the whole contest unrated?

1 Like