Solving Subtask Issue

I have solved problems but I got only 30 points. I can’t understand how my solution will get 70 points by completing subtask. Please let me understand brothers, I’m fresher in competitive programming.

learn about time complexity and optimizing code . google it

1 Like

Thank you brother. Do i need to edit my code or just edit data types of variables?

reduce the time taken by your code . learn about time complexity bro

1 Like

Ohk bro. Thankx for your valuable time.

1 Like

Edit logic and code.

ThanQ Sir for your feedback.

1 Like

Don’t worry brother. You may wait for the competition to end. The editorials for each problem will be released then. I’m sure you will find those very helpful. Here’s a tip: do not post anything related to the problems of an ongoing contest. It only helps spoil the atmosphere. Thank you. :slight_smile:

:frowning: Ohk Brother. Sorry I could not realize this as a beginner. It won’t happen again. Thank you for your precious time.

1 Like

firstly you need to find the time complexity of your approach and then see the constraint and find the optimized time complexity solution and if you see some approach you google it you can get best complexity algorithm or code for any subtask.

1 Like

Brother / Sir whatever you prefer ThanQ a lot.

Well, first I would say that you don’t need to be so formal about everything, the codechef community is very understanding and friendly :grinning:,
Now about your question, actually as others suggested (and I fully agree with them ), learn about algorithms, time complexity, data structures, and the subtasks are just meant to create a more powerful grading system, where even if you have ideas of any approach, you can still get good number of points.
I myself mighty not be a very good programmer though but will suggest that, approach(s) will come to you with practice and time.
Hope my answer helps!
Happy coding!

1 Like

It’s my pleasure to have guys like you beside me. ThanQ a looooooot.