STATUS UPDATE. CONTEST IS RATED

4 Likes

Fake

1 Like

Think twice before claiming anything without any facts, better mind it.

2 Likes

Its not fake. Admin Ashish Gupta updated this, in his Codeforces Blog

1 Like

What?
Now updates about contest rating will also come from Codeforces?
Ranklist has not been updated since an hour it seems.
No update on the forum or problem page.

Great

1 Like

It is also in the announcement section if you check it,

1 Like

wtf

Good updates done on this platform after acquisition :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated now on codechef also. Delay in update because Maybe admin was facing Error 503 also. :joy:

8 Likes

My submission is stuck on processing since 10 mins. its of no use to extend the time .

Contest bhi CodeForces p hi karwa lo phir

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

By all means, it would be great if these updates come from Admin next time before others or it puts Codechef in a very negative and unprofessional light (that they have the information but still they don’t inform the contestants directly first). Specially considering how it came on Codeforces a few minutes before even this time.

I was almost convinced myself that the contest will become unrated when server was dead for almost an hour. I did stop solving problems for quite a duration of time to check the forum and read all 100+ replies in a thread searching for updates/thoughts. I am sure some would have even left and gone to sleep (to avoid wasting an hour like last lunchtime for nothing). By all means, there was no visibly remarkable difference between those 2 contests to make one unrated and one rated (except Codechef’s reputation more at stake?). Of course I understand that behind the scenes, the bug during one contest may have been unfixable and this one may have been fixable.

Fortunately, my rating did not drop after this contest. But I totally understand and sympathize with everyone who lost rating or just wants to stop doing contests here in the future. I have had pathetic experience myself in all 3 contests: Lunchtime December (unrated), Long Challenge January (Over 50% people better than me are plagiarized), and now this.

So the moral is that, no matter how badly the servers or anything on Codechef flops, keep doing the contest and retrying till there is a formal unrated announcement on the contest page. Don’t open the discuss page at all to waste your time. Also, open each problem in a new tab as soon as the contest starts, so you can keep trying problems when submissions are not going through, and try to submit once every few minutes. No matter how many people cheat in a contest and your ranking keeps dropping due to that, keep trying to solve more problems in hope of still beating cheaters. That way you will keep pushing yourself to do your best and get something positive out of all the negativity that comes with these things.

I just find it funny that Codechef is a place whose brand image is about one of the best Competitive Programming platforms where people usually practice to become great coders, and handling some high but known number of concurrent users and requests is a standard solved problem. It’s really hurting that image, at least till admins don’t own up in public to the community about how problems are arising and how they are working on it. The Codechef blogs just talks about the good things, and it seems Codechef does not feel like they need to explain anything they do to the community.

2 Likes

How can the admins make it Rated when the problem occured at 9:45 and update came at 10:45 , are all people sitting ideally, many couldn’t attend because none of the admins confirmed whether they will be resolving so we left the contest and that was a good choice and here we see our ratings decreased :unamused:. Very Poor Coordination

1 Like