Stuck in 3 Star

Hello everyone…I need hlp or some good suggestion to move forward I m stuck in 2 star nd between 3 star I m not improving well…from last 8-9 months i m trying hard but m able to solve 3 or sometime 4 question in long contest nd short if it is easy one then i m able to solve 3 otherwise 2 problem i m practice regularly I m also 5 star in Hackerrank (problem solving)…But didn’t know How to improve further @ssjgz @vijju123 @ssrivastava990 plzz suggest some valuable tips.

2 Likes

Hello brother,
I’m new to codechef and I’m doing pretty good for now. I’ve been to other coding websites too
before coming to codechef and I don’t know how much hard it gets once you reach at 3* and 4* so I will not say that my suggestion will perfectly work but I think you are sticking to the same way of thinking about the problem statement. I mean you should first get your theory perfect in different aspects of data structure and then study what your favorite language has to offer to meet those needs.
For eg: when I used to code in past I would only think and solve the problem using an array and simple for loop, that’s it. But with time realized that it is not sufficient and then I read about vectors, set, map, hashing, bit masking, etc, etc and you won’t believe it but it will boost your confidence and increase your area of thinking. I hope it helps but still, I’m at 2* too but I believe I would climb up. Good Luck.

getting 4 star will be easy if you practice all beginner-level problems and dsa series

Thank u bro…After listening this I get some confidence. :smiley:

Yeah I m just started with that series.I m started spoj parallelly.