Submissions Dropped !!

I got a mail recently that all my submissions have been dropped because one of my solution was found to be similar to other user’s solution.
Can anybody explain how these codes are same?

My solution : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

other Sol : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Please explain how both of the above codes can be same.This is very disheartening to see after all the hard work going completely vain. And also because of this my scholarship got cancelled.

@admin Please review the submissions.

Did you use some online IDE, like Ideone on SPOJ ? By default, the codes are public so anyone can see them. I think it’s too harsh to consider this as an act of plagiarism , unless you tested your solution on an online IDE. Please have a look on the two solutions @admin .

At least they don’t seem similar to me. But the plagiarism tester used by codechef is MOSS and moss converts your code to DAG. The similar structure might have resulted in calculating similarity of codes.

I DEMAND AN INSTANT REDRESSAL. SEEMS THIS HAS HAPPENED WITH A NUMBER OF PEOPLE. JUST BECAUSE A SCHOLARSHIP IS ATTACHED, THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DISCARD AND DROP OUR SUBMISSIONS. EVEN MY LOGIC WAS FOUND TO BE SIMILAR. I GOT FURIOUS AT SEEING THE MAIL. UNFAIR JUDGEMENT AT IT’S HEIGHT.I WANT TO MAKE A POST AND would like if such victims stand by me.

We are looking into this, and will fix it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

And I am penalized for mine and other. The code is for challenge problem CHEFNIL. Now if you see both code they are of just one line which is printing -1 -1. This was a challenge problem and this is not first time I am using brute force approach although all other time I get WA. I always use two lines of comment for faster input which I generally don’t need so they are always commented in my old codes too. Now it was just only a single line code for which I am caught. Even I have not shared this single line with random guy from other state and college. I don’t use online IDE’s for my code and this is a single line so anybody can thought of printing it. And it seems UNFAIR JUDGEMENT BECOMES UNFAIR FOR MANY. I hope this issue resolves so I don’t have to regret of participating this month long even having exams.

2 Likes

I have never used an online ide infact i use sublime text editor for all my codes.I can’t believe this has happened to me.

Just the variable names are same I think that’s the reason but it is very unfair.

codes don’t seem similar to me either.

I pinged them about the issue, and asked them to treat this as most urgent.

Thanks @vijju123 the issue has been resolved by the codechef.

One of rare people who actually thank the mod as well :3

1 Like