Suggestions regarding editorials

Hello guys,
I have been thinking about editorials and I got a few suggestions to discuss.
Let’s think and discuss about suggestions regarding editorials here.
If you have one please add in comments so I can add it here as well.
1)
Shouldn’t we pin all official editorials for a day or so ?
My concern is after a contest it will be lot more convenient for all users to find editorials when all others are posting many posts regarding that contest.
2) Shouldn’t me make it complusory for an setter tester and editorialist to keep template part as short and as possible ?
Personally I don’t like big templates.
I think long templates scare beginners and irritates few programmers a lot.
We have to do binary search for finding where the actual code starts XD.

That’s it from my side.
Hoping few good suggestions from your side.

3 Likes

Agree with you on these points. One more thing I want to add is that editorials must also have some visualizations on how they reached that approach and must be explained in a more elucidate manner as many people start learning about new things from editorials only.
Many people due to this are unable to understand the editorials and hence many different threads are also going on side by side for the same problems whose editorials are provided.

2 Likes

I don’t think anyone has noticed, but all of my editorials are posted as wiki, thus enabling anyone(I guess, I’m not sure) to correct any typo’s or help rephrase some sentences, so that the editorial becomes better to understand, thus preventing comments asking to correct typos and such.
I feel that every editorial should be converted to community wiki. @admin @vijju123 Please look into this.
Also, please update the editorial template with the markdown syntax followed here.

2 Likes

I don’t think new discuss allows anyone to edit.

2 Likes

Ohh then probably I never saw wiki post on new discuss

Its because I was the first to do it. XD

2 Likes

Right I can edit your editorial

1 Like

You are free to do so, if you find anything that needs to be corrected. However, to all, please don’t misuse your rights and spam wiki posts.

@anujsingh14
Agree and one more thing atleast include one example in editorial.And some similar problems on that concept

1 Like

I guess similar problems are provided most of the times, this time though @teja349 forgot to include them.