Terrible Experience in TCS CodeVita Zone 2 Pre-qualifier round

explain binary equivalent

Odd Even also had similar graph, No AC or Presentation Error.

Let me know if you don’t get any part .

explain how you are getting 11 as o/p for the following test case-
2 2 2 2

The test case you gave is invalid .Every number in the array is unique (according to the question)

These were my set of problems.
Binary Equivalent
Path through graph
String pair
String merge
Tennis score
3 palindrome

I was able to solve Path through graph, Binary Equivalent and 3 palindrome.
The best I liked was 3 Palindrome and the worst was String Pair.

If anybody was able to solve String Pair, do help me.
And if any body needs the solution of any of the problems I solved please let me know. I will be more than happy to explain.

ok ok…just tell me what to print when ans =36 nd largest value=31
ps-faced runtime errors several times to confirm that such cases exist

Just a casual competitive coder here, dont care for TCS or its jobs.

What a trash question. It took me 5 minutes to f***ing understand the problem.
The problem statement could have been as simple as this:
Given a NXN filled with 0 and 1, you are allowed to remove all 1s, so that the 0s drop down . Calculate the size of the square created after this operation. You are allowed to rotate the grid. Instead they have a retarded problem statement and an even more retarded test case. Their first test case actually confuses the reader. And the second test case concludes “So rotation is important” LOL.

Feel bad for you guys.

Why for the sake of God’s Green Earth are you experienced competitive coders trying for TCS? They wont even appreciate your problem solving skills and put you under dumbos who are surviving their jobs coz they were born a few years before you. Please try to secure jobs with companies that respect your skill.

2 Likes

Because we fear. I see so many 5 stars 6 stars coders goin to TCS, Infosys etc, because they study in Tier 3 colleges and either only these companies visit or none visit. So they are left with no options other than appearing for these tests. Getting offcampus offers are very hard with respect to oncampus. For example, Amazon offcampus, takes online coding round for 2000 people, just 250 clear the round and gets called for interview. From 250, 220-225 are rejected in first technical round and just left with 30 people. Out of 30, only 5-6 gets offers. So you can imagine the situation of tier 3 people I guess. Always good at coding doesn’t help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Feel horrible for you guys. This is not the sort of fate the talent of your generation deserves. I graduated back in 2006 and graduates in my era who couldnt write DFS or dont know what the f is a binary search got placed with TCS. But I am from DA-IICT, which is kinda tier 1.

But keep climbing the ladders, I am sure you will end up where you deserve.

On a lighter note, everyone on jeevansaathi.com and everyone in my friend of friend of friend of friend of friend (BFS distance 5) "earn 30+ lakhs per year (apparently). Liars. It is as if, muft ke pakode bat rahe hai :wink:

5 Likes

If anyone did “Odd Even” question and got accepted/presentation error in private test case, kindly share your solution…

Yeah Man…completely agree with you. And the worst part is, the on campus placement in the college had been screwed even more due to this pandemic situation and we are only left with these off campus opportunities.

Brother lol , i gave zone 1 and it was tough too . Tougher than zone 2 for sure.

I don’t really know , the test cases should be within the question’s logic. if not i guess then ans of 36 would be “00100” if max number of bits are 5 here

I don’t have the code now. But this is what I did:

• count & store total C’s in each column and each row (in arrays c[n] and r[n])
  • maximum = 0
  • for i = 0 to n-1
    1. count=0
    2. tmax=0
    3. while i<n and c[i]>0:
      a. count+=1
      b. tmax=max(tmx,c[i])
      c. i+=1
    4. maximum = max(maximum, min(tmax,count))
  • repeat above loop for r[]
  • print maximum

Chances are, it was not tough either, but it had wrong problems too.

String Pair was a shitty question was not explained properly by tcs and number with two words wasn’t explained as took me 1hr to understand to finally get WA​:joy::joy:.