Thoughts about ICPC 2017 Online Round

Yes, sir there are many possibilities, but this might have made difference.
Overall it was an humbling experience.

@admin Can we get the intended solutions please? My solution is based on picking just 2 variables and fill the N length sequence with those. I would like to know what the binary search solution is.

@ista2000 Here is the solution link.

One other side benifit would be that the submission queue will be not be that long as compared to questions with single line answers.I am just putting my viewpoint. I may be wrong.

What if the mentor itself helps in corruption? After all, everyone has his own favorites who he wants to win. There are some other issues also in implementation, but I still value the opinion. Your direction is correct, I like that you gave a good thought over the suggestion :slight_smile:

@guitarlover your solution will not make any difference. I agree with @vijju123 . A cheater is a cheater, he can send the login credentials to his relative/friend and get AC thereby beating a deserving team by unfair means. In an unproctured environment, there is no solution which can ensure that nobody cheats. Obviously this is really sad and wrong, but till now, there is no solution to this. Anyway cheating teams will be useless in the regionals :slight_smile: they won’t go to the finals for sure :slight_smile:

How is it fair for a Russian/Chinese team to not qualify for the World Finals, when they are muchhhhhh better than an hypothetical Indian team that managed to qualify for the WF? The region-wise slots are always going to be there in the World finals, and obviously the college-wise slots are present for the regionals! After all, the spirit of ICPC is to spread the idea of competitive programming to as many universities as possible.

5 Likes