I’m in second year of Computer Engineering and I have just started Compititive Programming what are somethings a Begineer should follow while doing compitive Programming
Don’t care about your ratings , Atleast on codechef.
- Follow CLRS book, study the data structure/algorithms and then practice related problems from any website of you’re choice.
- Write pseudo code before coding, test problems with at least 10 test cases before submitting.
- Focus on learning concepts rather than rating.
- Don’t cheat, you won’t be getting calls from companies because of you’re rating, and even if you do, you won’t be able to clear them.
- Take part in contests, especially Long Challenge.
- Upsolve problems that you’re unable to solve in a contest (at least one problem).
- Enjoy it, compete with you’re friends. It will help you stay motivated.