TopCoder Open 2021

Hello Everyone, I would like to know how can I participate in the onsite regionals for the TCO 2021?
I had not participated in Stage 1 that ended at Sept 30 . Is it possible that if I participate in stage 2(to be ended on Dec 31,2020) and further stages , there is a chance that I qualify for the regionals?

If Anybody can Kindly share this information, I would be highly grateful.
@aryanc403 Sorry sir, I saw you in the TopCoder forum discussion and so I am tagging you.
Thank you…

1 Like

Hey,
Sorry for the delayed response. I dont check discuss much nowadays.
Do check this once for all the rules. https://tco20.topcoder.com/competition-overview/algorithm/algorithm-rules
Topcoder open and Topcoder regionals are independent event. For topcoder regionals results of only stage 3 matters (Jan’21-Mar’21). To qualify for topcoder regionals just rigorously participate in all srms in Jan’21-Mar’21 and try to get positive score. You can refer the same page above linked paged to find how points are awarded. Last year getting 4 points were enough for tco regionals which may not be the case this year.
Due to covid this year regionals were virtual onsite. I did won it :stuck_out_tongue: hence excited for next year.

Apart from tco regionals topcoder also hosts TCC. Just check https://www.quora.com/Can-anyone-share-his-her-experience-of-Topcoder-Collegiate-Contest-India-both-the-online-and-the-onsite-round for past experiences. Every year this is hosted along with tco regionals. But this year it was postponed to Dec/Jan in the hope of an onsite event. Just keep checking topcoder fb/insta pages. No formal announcement so far.

Also Topcoder will host Round 1/2/3/4 for Topcoder Open (Its similar to GCJ rounds). People with +ve in round 3 gets one tshirt. In my experience getting tshirts on topcoder is very easy compared to other platforms. Every now and then topcoder gives an opportunity to win a tshirt… Other reaosn being no of people participating there is very low.

I hope this clarifies all doubts.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for such a detailed answer