UEMCO question copied !

@swetankmodi - Are you sure about the correctness of your claim? Because making a contest with no intention of giving prizes sounds like direct fraud to me if I put it bluntly.

2 Likes

yupp pattern should never be given directly as they did, it can be easily found on oeis

1 Like

I googled the important parts of the problem statement.

1 Like

You always have the option to report this to mod via mail, OR use the thread which I exclusively put up so that you guys can ask questions.

https://www.codechef.com/hostyourcontest/guidelines/

According to codechef’s guidelines, you can have copied questions in a closed contest.

I don’t see any point in having all copied questions in an online long contest. They didn’t even bother changing the stories. Many of them had the exact same Problem name too. A simple google search gives the original source.

@admin is taking action. Thank you :slight_smile:

@abdullah768 - Copied questions are allowed only in clsoed contests, i.e. local contests limited to your college etc. Usually where you can make contestants devoid of google.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. We are looking into it.

1 Like

Oh my bad, I thought anything which wasn’t there in the ongoing contest list was a closed one and were ignored by admin. Glad to be proven wrong :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot @admin for the quick action. My faith in humanity is restored.
Regards,
The Dark Knight.

@vijju123 I got the prize from UEMCO last week so I think my claim (based on facebook message from probably a fake account) was proved incorrect. They gave the prizes! (atleast can confirm I got it)

2 Likes