UEMCO question copied !

I just found that the second question of UEMCO
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone is copied directly from a hackerearth past contest Last Ant On Road | Practice Problems .

Not sure if any other question is also copied. But this acts are really demotivating and takes away the fun of contests. :frowning:

6 Likes

Not only this. The problems were poorly formatted, the I/O format wasn’t available and also they weren’t replying to the comments. My submission pretty much sums it up: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

3 Likes

I was doubting this throughout the contest when i saw the level of questions. A point might not sound good but that made me to doubt was that their college has a maximum of 4* rating profile. And the level of questions spoke something else at-least. By far the worst contest i took part in. :slight_smile: , Might be the other questions are copied also , but tough to find out the questions as they changed the names and all.

1 Like
1 Like

link one more haha , tried acting smart by changing stories but could not.

1 Like

In total 4 questions are copied.

Among the rest 3, 1 question didn’t have good Sample Test Case Explanation.

While The other 2 are pattern Finding Questions.

Now a days it’s common on codechef, in the past 2-3 months the contests organised by institutions had most of the questions copied from other platforms.

1 Like

omg!!! was the prize a joke. Completely unexpected. I don’t know about Plagiarism of questions but i can very surely say that the questions were very wrongly formulated(wrong language and many other errors). It was more of a mathematical patterns represented in form of questions to be coded rather than use of DS and algorithms. Proper error correction should be done before organizing a contest :frowning:

1 Like

This is very sad :frowning: Codechef must take strict action to avoid such kind of fake events.

Reporting Plagiarism in CodeRoyale Contest Page | CodeChef
Questions are copied from other sites on the ongoing event
Contest Page | CodeChef

Question : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Copied from : Programming Problems and Competitions :: HackerRank

Question : Link : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Copied from : Luck Balance | HackerRank

Question :Link : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Copied : Synchronous Shopping | HackerRank

Entire problem is same only the the names of characters have been changed.
This is unfair. We were not able to put this as a new question due to lack of enough karma.

1 Like

Yes! The problem statements were not very clear. Even if the problems lacked explanations of the test cases, the doubts in the comment sections were unanswered. These things are very sad. :confused:

awful I/O format , this is what i can say!

I wonder how did u searched it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Copying codechef’s question in codechef itself XD. Pro level :P.

Are you sure that the rest 3 are not copied ? XD

2 are Pattern Finding. And I don’t if the other problem is copied.

oh, and the 50k prize was a joke too, one of my friends at uem told me! (after i wasted my time in that contest)

1 Like

actually that is a SPOJ question. (question was posted in SPOJ before codechef)

for pattern finding, there are sources too.

prize money is a joke! That too on such an international online platform like CodeChef is really something quite unexpected. @admin please have a look into such matters. :confused: