Unable to setup sublime text and link it with minGW compiler, HELP URGENT!

I have downloaded and configured sublime text with the code below.

{
"cmd": ["g++.exe","-std=c++17", "${file}", "-o", "${file_base_name}.exe", "&&" , "${file_base_name}.exe<inputf.in>outputf.in"],
"shell":true,
"working_dir":"$file_path",
"selector":"source.cpp"
}

Further, I have created 2 files, namely inputf.in and output.in, but it is showing the error message as

c:/mingw/bin/…/lib/gcc/mingw32/9.2.0/…/…/…/…/mingw32/bin/ld.exe: C:\Users\HP\Desktop\inputf.in: file not recognized: file truncated
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
[Finished in 0.1s with exit code 1]
[cmd: [‘g++.exe’, ‘-std=c++14’, ‘C:\Users\HP\Desktop\inputf.in’, ‘-o’, ‘inputf.exe’, ‘&&’, ‘inputf.exe<inputf.in>outputf.in’]]
[dir: C:\Users\HP\Desktop]
[path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\ArcSoft\Bin;C:\windows\system32;C:\windows;C:\windows\System32\Wbem;C:\windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn;C:\MinGW\bin;C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;]

Please help me complete the installation. Thanks in advance! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you are starting out with an editor, I would suggest VSCode. Its the best.
Its fast, pretty, full of extensions and really easy to use.

I have used both Sublime and VS Code, and I found VSCode a lot better and easy.

There are lot of tutorials available to setup VS Code.
Have a look.
You might Know Rachit Jain, he uses VS Code

Hope it helps.
Cheers.

Instead of c++17 try c++11. I had the same problem initially, idk how but it worked for me!
Cheers!

Sublime is fastest!..
Sublime Text is light-weighted software! Yeah, I know that configuring sublime is harder but once done it’s lot easier!.. There are lot of extension in sublime too!
Best extension that I am using: Sublime Text [FastOlympicCoding] — tools for competitive programming - Codeforces