Unfair rating drop

Codechef is really unfair in a drop of rating. I attempted April Long challenge and Alkhwarizm in a row. Been done fairly good in April Long, my rating increase by +84, but due to Alkhwarizm, even after securing rank of 532, rating decreased by 90. Even the questions of Alkhwarizm was distributed properly. This can be fairly understood by the number of submissions. 1st question was a beginner level problem and all rest were from graphs, trees, dp etc. Codechef must look into this matter and change its rating mechanism.

Codechef rating system is exact(correct).
So what if there were multiple questions from graphs/trees? It was the same problemset for everyone attempting Alkhwarizm. So nothing unfair :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What I don’t like is how codechef assumes that if you are a div1 coder in long challenges, then you are also a div 1 coder in short challenges (cook offs). These two are not completely related to one and other (at least one of the two directions). If you are in div1 of long challenges, you should participate in div1 of long challenges. If you are in div2 of the cook offs, you should participate in div2 of cook offs… I don’t understand the logic behind combining these two together in every case.

1 Like

@anon70990627 In Alkhwarizm I think you had not read the questions carefully. Second question was not of any tree or graph, it was a just a simple mathematical question. You may had seen the diagram only and then haven’t read it.

1 Like

“Unfair Problem Distribution in Alkhwarizm for div 2 guys".

1 Like

First question was easy and people solved it easily but many people left the second question on seeing binary tree in it, though it was logical and calculative.

1 Like