UPDATE : Invitation to Alohomora 2020

UPDATE : TIMING CHANGE
Hello Codechef.

RECursion, the coding community of NIT Durgapur, is organizing an ACM-ICPC style based contest ALOHOMORA in association with JetBrains. The contest will be held in two stages, online round and onsite round. The online round will be held on 03 March at 22:30 IST.

There will be 6 problems which are to be solved in 2 hours and 30 mins .

Participants need to register themselves in teams of max 2 members. Top 6 teams from NIT Durgapur and Top 9 teams from other institutions in the online round will qualify for the onsite round. The onsite round will be held on 21st March 2020.
There are cash prizes for the winners of Onsite Round :

• 1st team: Rs.5000/-
  • 2nd team: Rs.3000/-

Teams qualifying for the onsite round will also get CodeChef Goodies, Laddus and JetBrains Goodies.

JetBrains is providing free licenses to all its IDEs for coding in Java, Kotlin, C++, Python, JavaScript, and more languages to the student participants of Alohomora. You can get your free Educational Pack at Free Educational Licenses - Community Support

We invite you all to participate in the event.
Happy Coding :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Is it neccessary to be available on site to participate?

No, it is not necessary to be available on site to participate in the online round.

1 Like

Invitation accepted. @ayush1899 Is it necessary to have a team?

No, it is not necessary to have a team to participate in the online round, but it is suggested to have a team for the onsite round.

1 Like

Please check that your test cases are in sync with the problem constraints. Just sharing a personal experience :sweat_smile: . Really exicted for the contest tho!

The Battle of Gongmen City

How to solve this problem ? I thought using arranging monsters on the basis of the time they first reach L and then using binary search to find the current monster to kill.

1 Like

The editorials will be released soon.

3 Likes

Used almost same approach as sorting them on the basis of reaching time, but maintained a priority queue to get the monster with maximum damage in any instance of time. Similar problem to this: IPCTRAIN

3 Likes

I think Skadoosh! has a similarity with the problem XOR Operation on Numbers. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Read carefully…they are very different!!

Teams qualifying for the onsite round will also get CodeChef Goodies, Laddus and JetBrains Goodies.
Will those who won’t be able to come for onsite but qualified for onsite be given any of the above prizes?

1 Like

Same question as asked by @bansals888 @ayush1899

Can anyone please tell me , If the cost of every edge in a graph is constant , can we use simple bfs shortest path or should we go with dijisktra’s algorithm .

Goodies and Laddus will be provided to the participants coming to the onsite round only.

My team ranked 16th , if the previous team dosent come , will i be eligible ?

And My team member will be present to attend the onsite finals , but I might not be will i get get goodies and laddus .

Yes, you will be eligible if this happens.