Updates on curtailing plagiarism

This User plagiarized in todays starters32
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/61696512
As you can see the telegram link is commented out
@admin

1 Like

Thanks for reporting, weā€™ll surely look into this and take necessary action.

2 Likes

Dear @admin @shaily_adm
I have been falsely accused of a plagiarism case in the LTIME106D contest. The solutions that have been flagged are of easy level and short in nature, so there is no reason to copy a solution from anyone.

I have never tried to violate CodeChefā€™s code of conduct and would continue doing the same. I request you to look into the matter as this clearly is a co-incidental match.

Kindly reply to me as soon as possible because I have worked really hard to gain the ratings I currently have and will get demotivated if I get falsely accused.
I have already mailed back but got no response so far.
The matching solutions are:-

1. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
  2. CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

Thanks and Regards,
Ayush Kumar

1 Like

Please send an email to help@codechef.com so that we can have a better look at the issue.
Due to the number of appeals we receive, itā€™ll take us up to 7 days to reply to you.

3 Likes

It would be much better if the stats are written in the order of format and occurrence for eg. Stats of all the February events under February Title and then Starter events under Starter title and so on. This would be easier for everyone including the moderators to view and edit the stats.
Eg:

February 2022

Starters
Starter 1:
Starter 2:

Long Event
Long Event 1
Long Event 2

1 Like

Dear @admin @shaily_adm
I have been wrongly plagiarised in START30B. My rating is decreased by 203 points without any reason. Also i have been participating consistently in the contests and the question in which i have been plagiarised was a standard easy question and there was not any reason for me to copy it. Further neither do I ever share my solution to anyone nor have i ever copied it from anybody.
Here is a link to my solution to the question
CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone.
Please @admin admin reply fast, I worked hard to become 4 star and was literally shocked to see that I had become 2 star. Please return my previous rating. Its not that I canā€™t become 4 star again but my rating was reduced without any reason, so I want it back.

2 Likes

Minmax Same code in Division 3:

Code 1(Just variable changed)

Code 2 variable Changed

Not even variables are changed

Another code

One more

Another code

Same code

Changed Variables

One more Cheater

One more Cheater

No fear of Plag detector No changes.

One more

Every code is same literally

One more Cheater

Same

Same

Same code is running every where

Unnecessary temp= true false rest code is same .Trying to escape .

No fear of plag detector

2 Likes

Dear @admin @shaily_adm Take actions against all of them. They have no fear of plag detector.

Source of code

Destination changed variables just and adding redundant code

1 Like

CodeChef MinMax equality division 3 Cheaters and their codes:

Cheater 1

Cheater 2

Cheater 3

Cheater 4

Cheater 5

Cheater 6

Cheater 7

Cheater 8

Cheater 9 changed variables only

Cheater 10

using template to avoid plagiarism logic and code is same.

variables + function names changed Cheater 12

Cheater 13

Cheater 14 variables changed

Cheater 15

Cheater 16

Almost all code submissions are same in C++. Kindly take a action against them.

2 Likes

Division 3 Yet another max problem YAMP all three submissions are same:
Trying to be smart to avoid plagiarism. I think these all are accounts of same individual which violates CodeChef code of conduct.

Code 1

Code 2 changing variables name function names calling functions to print everything else is copied logic and main code

Code 3 Cheater 3 changing function names ,variables names Calling of functions and order rest Code is same,

1 Like

This guy acting too smart. New ways of cheating is coming up

1 Like

Recently ,I gave Starters 34(START31C) . I tried my best to solve the questions and, I have submitted the question which I could solve. All the solutions submitted are my own and not copied or inspired from others but still I got plagiarism, due to which my rating is heavily decreased and this is giving a very bad impression to my profile. I want to know the user or the solution which is like mine or due to which i got plagiarism. I request your help, please resolve it .

1 Like

Same things happened with me . I never copy otherā€™s code but still i get plagiarism .this gives very bad impression on my profile @admin

1 Like

Take a look to my problem also @admin

1 Like

brother all of them used priority queue
idk that concept well yet but seriously when i checked after the contest for solutions every one of them lo0ks the same i didnā€™t find a single one out of 40 that used some different approach ā€¦ :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hello
I have been reported for plagiarism in some rounds but those rounds were very easy and it might be because of that the answers are similar.
I request you to take back the accusations as my rank has affected due to that.
Hope to see your positive reply.

1 Like

[CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone](https://Zoprac problem statement)

this is the above link for the problem statement
I have comed with my solution but why their is run time error
My code is below:
#include<bits/stdc++.h>
#define ll long long
using namespace std;

int main() {
ll N,i,profit=0;
cin>>N;
ll a[i];
for(i=0;i<N;++i)
cin>>a[i];

sort(a,a+N);
for(i=0;i<N;++i)
{
    ll revenue = a[i] * (N - i);
	if (revenue > profit)
		profit = revenue;
}
cout<<profit<<endl;
return 0;

}
Please help me to cope uo this problem

1 Like

Hi @admin
I have received a mail stating that I have been plagiarised even though I didnā€™t copy the code from anywhere, I donā€™t even know who that person is but I know that most of the Java coders write the code in the same way. I and that guy got plagiarised because we were not using any custom boilerplate code and we just codded directly, If I had a builder plate code which I have made myself there is no way I would have got plagiarised for simple logical codes like this.
That Guys Code: = CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
My Code: = CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

And why would I copy this code from anyone? and is there any better way to solve this question other than GCD?
If you guys are still going to plagiarise my code then instead of that just remove my account from this platform because I donā€™t wanna beg for mercy after working hard day and night.

2 Likes

Wrongfully Plagiarized. I am a beginner and I wrote the simplest code for the easiest problem LTIME of LTIME107D and they sent me plagiarism mail. I do not care about rankings but simply calling me a cheater that too on the simplest problem is not done.
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/63037600
can someone please review my solution and what tell what should I do to make them reconsider this decision.

1 Like