Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

Densegrp submissions in last 4 hours. There are so many codes that are just copied without even changing variables lol. Same story every long challenge.

3 Likes

Plagiarism hasnā€™t even checked for reported submissions.

1 Like

Yaa they can only ban id, but these people makes other ids just to post and gain views and subs .

1 Like

No , But it is increasing so much nowadays.

Yes, I think it takes almost 30 days to do the complete process but I think it has been done for past contests.

They do so because it does matter. You can get referrals easily with that. Moreover, showoff is also very important. :joy:

3 Likes

Up to which contest. I have been waiting for a loonnnā€¦g time. It seems nothing is happening.

1 Like

Long Challenges used to be good, Now they have turned into a playground for people to increase their rating rapidly without gaining any actual knowledge, Specially beginners, We have been told that itā€™s a good contest to start for beginners, But they are the one who are cheating the most, Just check my Collegeā€™s or any Collegeā€™s Division 2/3 Rank list, You will see so many people blatantly copying the same code and submitting one hour before deadline.

5 Likes

So, Div2 Indian Rank 4, submissions made by the user are plagiarised, that gives a clear explanation and one of the reasons ,why the ranklist can never be dominated by Indians(specifically talking about Div2 and Div3).
UserID: sahil43210 | CodeChef User Profile for arun dwivedi | CodeChef

1 Like

Dude, but the questions are pretty fun to solve. (If you really do).

1 Like

@tejasjd_78 Exactly, They are really fun to solve and They teach you a lot of new concepts, People should have an attitude like that, But all they care about it ratings and ranks.

Bruh he just submitted every problem in the last day and here i am who worked my ass off the entire long challenge got surpassed by people like these in the last moment ,this suck so bad.

Let it be but the shame is the best country rankers are also not free from plagiarising themselves.

what a sarcastic comment :slight_smile:

hint in sense like making understand the question , not after that

yes seeing this i believe he has a capability to solve problems without reading.
thinking like last 15 days were really waste of my life

@admin You want us to report the users who have cheated, if you are determined enough to find them, just get through all the accepted solutions made by the users in the last 5-6 hours of the last day of the Long Challenge(March), youā€™ll find them by yourself.

2 Likes

This time i didnā€™t participate in Long Challenge because i knew everyoneā€™s gonna cheat and because of these cheaters, genuine contestants are gonna get let low ranks. Even the EXACT same codes are passing plagiarisms idk HOW! Pls look into this otherwise long challenges will eventually be turned into just a competition between cheaters.

And ya! make sure you tag all cheaters here so that atleast some can be identified directly.
Some from my institute only are :

2 Likes

Here are some more to report
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/43853121
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/43844880
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/43850084
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/43848955

Letā€™s be straight: plagiarism is something you have to deal with on codechef. The team may do crackdowns once a while but thatā€™s all. There is no easy solution for this. Some may open their shop in social media and make a living out of it, but the only thing that matters is what is your purpose of spending time on the long challenge and if that purpose is achieved or not. Usually the purpose should be to have fun or learn new things - which should happen regardless of othersā€™ performance. Whatā€™s your purpose?
Of course increasing ratings can be a purpose for many, but one already knows what we are dealing with before signing up for long challenge and who we are up against. As you already know that the submissions rate involves cheating, there is nothing to be disappointed in your skillset. So when I say that someone with a 3000 rank without cheating would actually be a 3 digit rank if nobody cheated, nobody would disagree. Personally, I always like to take it as a challenge to get the best rank possible for me against all the cheaters out there, it helps me push myself.

I see a lot of posts - ā€œI wasted N days of my life on long challengeā€. Please donā€™t do it if you feel you are wasting your life, you will not get this time back. It needs to align to your purpose. If the ratings concern you mentally, you are welcome to use long challenge only for practice and donā€™t take part in rated contest.

About stars, having good one might be a very small advantage in few places in resume screening, but not having any is never ever a criteria in interviewing for the biggest of companies.

10 Likes