Weird Bug in Challenge problem

It is not worth it, he is the most toxic person I’ve ever had the displeasure of meeting.

2 Likes

Yeah and they are grabbing it. Good people are getting more than 1 1 0.
And their rank will be more even if difference is 0.0001

1 Like

You might to be correct. I end my part of discussion here.

2 Likes

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/29486272

I see why u are trying so hard

no be a good sheep and tell everyone where did u got the solution

cause u are so confident, that u dont bother taking input.

Its the same as @everule1

Trying to be a better coder… :kissing::kissing_smiling_eyes: :kissing_smiling_eyes::kissing_smiling_eyes:

Lol :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

Thanks for proving I submitted my solution on the first day.

1 Like

Yup I asked everule1 and he gave me the solution. Thaks again everule1 :smiley:

1 Like

:hugs:

1 Like

Guys, I have asked @tmwilliamlin to provide us with the editorial for the problem. This problem has been in a discussion for a while. He replied that he would think on adding the editorial to this problem as well. Let us wait for some time till he responses on it. Here is the link to that thread -

@l_returns and @everule1

I am gonna bookmark u guys

what a wonderful sport

I really didn’t planed the rest of my day

talking to u guys gave me new direction
I am gonna now learn the most hardest topics
upsolve all the contests

untill i tip the differential break my back and fucking pass out

everyday

and i mill make sure when i am at the top
to find the most creative of bullies and ways to look down on u

till then
vive la

1 Like

@anon6509870 after reading the whole comment, It seems to me that you have a problem of Nasal disposition.

Please don’t use any language other than English on this forum

@nemesis3733 I know bro. This is my first time using other language and I will delete it. So, don’t worry.

To all people reading this,
Read this : Tourist's secrets revealed! Improve your long challenge rank in 10 minutes!

2 Likes

When I read “bug” for a moment I thought I messed up with the checker or input files.

I think everything was already said, just to share my point of view:

• The tester predicted an small gap in the scores, but since it is intended to break ties, we thought it is ok. The scoring function can be improved e.g decrease the area of the initial cake, however the relative order in the ranklist of RAISINS would be the same. Maybe a different test generation plan could also lead to more difference in the scores, but I think it is valid to ask contestants how to break randomness.
  • Some contestant think that getting a high relative score makes the problem not challenging, i disagree, it requires ingenuity to find the best heuristics to improve the trivial solution.
  • Challenge problems requires to perform some experiments with data, the scores on public test files are available to everyone. If you saw that many coders were getting high scores, you should be suspicious. Is not our fault that you didn’t even tried the problem. Consider those 99 points as a gift for being brave enough for facing the problem and submitting something
16 Likes

If the challenge problem is meant only to be a tiebreaker, then shouldn’t we reduce the points for the challenge problem to 1. Then the challenge problem only compares you to people with the same score in the other problems, and honestly, That would be better.

3 Likes

@code_culprit You not have participated in Feb long then also you are shouting too much and claiming other people as 'noob’:smirk:

1 Like

There is an actual bug in the practice problem
Capture

Can someone investigate? @alei @admin

3 Likes

It doesn’t seem like a bug. Take any challenge problem. You’ll get 0 pts in practice section afaik.

Yes. @I_returns
tenor

The total score being 0 was because of some testing that was happening at that point. It’s been fixed, and all submissions rejudged.
The relative score is still shown as 0 though. That will take longer to fix, and will hopefully be done in a week.

6 Likes