Weird Bug in Challenge problem

The problem was serving the purpose of breaking ties among people. And it was meant to be for this purpose only.

2 Likes

This is the first time i came across this type of problem. i tried my best to solve this problem but at the end of the day i was not able to solve. So after completion of contest i went through some of the successful submission and i found out that most of them has printed 1 1 0 and even some one has submitted text file containing test case and they got AC , i am really feeling very bad that after spending complete one day i was not able to solve but some of us has got AC by doing just nothing.

2 Likes

You learnt how challenge problem works now.
One can’t have a very good solution then he should try submitting whatever he can. No matter how bad is his solution. This is how challenge problem works.

3 Likes

No one got 99 by doing nothing. Contestants who could figure out that printing 1 1 0 could give them AC, got 99.
Everyone had same information available in problem.

11 Likes

yes, i am blind, because i was trying this challenge problem for the very first time. and i think some were also blind, but either they were lucky that’s why they got 99 points, but unfortunately not me!

4 Likes

bro, was trying for the very first time. i wasn’t aware that challenge question can be this lower class also. where just copy paste 2 test cases will give 99 points.
if i would have been aware i definitely would have done that question first.

2 Likes

To all people who don’t get AC in RAISIN problem ,I want to say them all that people who got AC have same information ,same test case,same duration of time as of you.
Calling them that they were lucky is not acceptable .
I myself have tried RAISIN problem for three days which make me short of time for last 2 problem.

Happy Coding :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

To all those who got AC, and don’t want a “lucky” title,
ok bro and best of luck!

1 Like

lol
Its not always rank list but also the solution that matters. cant just ask a stupid question whose answer doesn’t exist

Go get a life; cause what u just said is whinning

and how the hell more than one people came to the same solution of outputing 1 1 0

cause when one did it stuck as a wow factor and he told his closest friends

and then they told there closest

someone must have mentioned it somewhere

people printing different values; may be they are checking the problem
people printing the same thing from all over the world
wow

and talking about whats fair and unfair

here’s an advice

go get a life

2 Likes

I think we all have to wait for editorials🙂

It was kind of obvious for people who has a bit of brain in them.
The most obvious solution is this. I would have definitely submitted it regardless of number of AC’s. And after looking at number of people getting more than 99, It was very obvious that 1 1 0 or some random output gives good points.
Many Many people just try random solution for challenge problem.
No doubt some (or rather many ) of them might have shared it with their friends, But it’s not that rare solution. It was kind of “first idea” that you get if you read it.

3 Likes

More than 16000 people participated in February long,Its quite obvious that many people can have same solution.

1 Like

oh-really-do-cbffsw

25 Likes

Admin trolling😂

7 Likes

Here is why everyone printed 1 1 0 :

In the output we have to print N and M where N and M are divisors of H and W , so everyone just printed 1 as 1 divides all the numbers and they need not check which divisors are there for W and H and print them

And in the output we have to print Q also and after printing Q again we have to print Q lines which is again a bit difficult , therefore everyone printed 0 as we dont have to print anything more

There is no cheating here
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Agree with @sudheerays123🙂

2 Likes

Messing with the admin, not the best move.

4 Likes

I just submitted the same given output and language was #text and it was AC … LOL !!

Please tell me how you understand that you have to submit the given output. By cheating?
what more you can do? I always like long contest. but some guy like you @abhijeet010304 has spoiled it. This is so unfair

why something like this bother you.If someone is cheating let them be.They won’t be able to do contests when they will be out of the comfort zone(i.e. getting help).If you learn something and didn’t got ratings it’s better than the one who got good ratings without using his mind.

3 Likes