What do I lack

So I have been coding for quite a sometime now, but i still can’t solve as many as questions as I should be . I have 2 accounts in codechef and in both i am stuck at div 2 , i could solve 2-3 questions in the contest but it doesn’t seem to be enough, its been a negative spree for quite a while, the last contest i gave was starter 72 where I was only able to solve 1Q.
I created my codeforces account last month(dec 2022), and started giving contest there(4till now), and in the div 2 contest I can solve A question but solving B has not that easy, I have been able to solve once out of the 4 contest I gave, and it’s not that I don’t know the topics, after the contest end I see the editorial and I feel like such an idiot for not been able to solve it, cause its easy even looking at the hints after that I could solve.
What is it that I am lacking, should I stop cp and start preparing for the companies by solving recent questions on Leet code. I am currently in my final year of my BSc (math hons) graduation, I want to apply off campus. :pensive:

I would say do problems on leetcode. They are good for basics and for placements. I did leetcode for 6-7 months (solved 600 problems). After that i started CP. CP seems to be fun now. I easy became 4*. And 1560 at codeforces. Remember CP and DSA go hand in hand, if you find yourself struggling in CP you must cover basics first in short do leetcode and codechef learning paths

3 Likes

thanks for the advice :heart:

1 Like

what is full form of CP brother?

1 Like

Competitive Programming

1 Like

Thanks for your advice :+1:

1 Like