What to do next?

i am confused about what should i do next (out of the following):-
1.start learning DP
2.start learning about datastructures like trees,BSTetc
3.advance algorithms to solve problems of greedy problem etc

pls suggest me , i don’t know what to do next .

Did you consider solving equal amounts of problems of each category? I think variations are pretty important. :slightly_smiling_face:

nope i have to start from scratch in these topics ,which one to do first ,i want to know?

dp

Since you’re referring to the last category with the word “advanced” then maybe we should put that at the end of our list.

DP is mainly based on the idea that you don’t want to repeat calculations and instead memorise the results at each relevant stage. Now all you need is an exposure to lots of classic DP problems and approaches of solving them to help you break down any problem based on DP. To be fluid at designing these strategies you need to practice a lot.

There are many DP problems where you might have to form what’s called a state space tree. Your second category deals with trees. So you need to know about trees for understanding DP even better.

So:

1. tree basics
  2. DP basics
  3. advanced stuff

Once you feel confident with the first two, you may start with problems which deal with DP on trees and other such problems that belong to mixed categories.

Hope this was helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

it is helpful , i didn’t know about maps too should i get them with trees or they are in advanced topic?

Umm, map is a pretty awesome data structure which we get to use in many kinds of problem. You can get better with the STL in the process of solving more problems. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

i do agree STL is very useful ,so i should do it along tress

1 Like