Where CodeChef is going ? only 2 rated contests per month?

June long challenge was rated only for Div 3 now again July long challenge will be rated only for Div 3…what is Chef(@admin ) doing …now we have only 2 rated contests per month … when long challenge is there it keeps us busy for 10+ 2or 3 days i.e. 2 weeks then for rest of 2 weeks we have cook off and lunch time …so this arrangement keeps us busy for whole month …and if long is not rated so it decreases the motivation to participate…
the frequency of shorts should be increased because we haven’t participated in any contest for a long time and suddenly Cook-Off says hello…then its very difficult to perform well every time…
So i just want to know what are u @admin planning :thinking:

Your motivation is your responsibility, not theirs. If you feel you won’t perform on short contests without a long challenge, then do the long challenge seriously. This is much better than cheaters getting high rating for no reason.

1 Like

@potat i am not saying that i will not perform well in shorts without a long challenge… i am saying i will not perform well due low frequency of contests …those 2 things are different …

The frequency is the same as it always has been, it’s just that long is unrated and it’s your responsibility to deal with that however you will. If you want more, there’s always codeforces.

@potat dude u r not getting what i am saying …i know that" the frequency is the same as it always has been" …i am saying
1st …long should be rated 4 all;
2nd increase frequency of shorts;

Ya its my "Responsibility " to deal with it…but i am working on this site …trusting this site …so it is also my "Responsibility " to give suggestions…