Which Books to Read?

Could someone suggest a few books on the following topics:

1.Good Books on C++14
2.Different Computer Programming techniques in C++ 14
3. Good Books on Algorithm Building

2 Likes

I can not upload a pdf here, if you can give me your mail I can send you a book which covers CP with C++ concepts

1 Like

Hey bro are you still in first semster ?

2 Likes

naaah…actually when I created this id, at that time I was in the first semester :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh I see :joy: :joy:, nice userame anyways

2 Likes

Guide to Competitive Programming, try to download it from here

4 Likes

can you please elaborate the significance of the username.
I am not able to get it properly.

lol there is no significance of username keep it whatever you like :joy: :joy:

Hey, is cp-3 or cp-4 by steven halim a nice book to start with competitive programming?

2 Likes

it is really good, but I don’t recommend it to beginners, you will get demotivated by it

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @first_semester finding the book useful already. Hopefully , I will get through most of it before the lunchtime contest.

1 Like

cormenn [ clrs ]

2 Likes

CLRS is good from a academic view.
Not so good for competitive programming.

3 Likes

exactly not from cp’s view

1 Like

welcome, I really enjoyed this book and why not as this is written by an Orange Coder of Codeforces

1 Like

@first_semester pllk is red now :slight_smile:

1 Like

can u suggest me something I am an absolute beginner (started with C++ about 3-4 days)(covered till oop from geeks for geeks , did 5-6 questions on CodeChef ,SPOJ and practice problems of C++ on HackerRank .
can u please suggest me some resources ( I have around 2 months before I join college (I want to be proficient in at least one lang before that)
please help

my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

ofcourse Hackerrank C++ section is really good for having a strong grab at implementation of C++, I will suggest to do it 1 month with very high dedication so that you will be comfortable with all type of implementations in C++. After that start with Codechef long challenge, and also upsolve those problems which you would not be able to solve in contest. After this, I guess you will have good taste of how CP works so now you can participate in each and every contest organized by every website. Give all short and long challenges and upsolve them. This is the key, go for it and All the best for your future

2 Likes

long challenge aren’t they hard considering I just have basic knowledge (and 3 days experience)
I will be trying the lunchtime on this 31st can you suggest me something that I study before that