Which one is better: Codeforces or CodeChef?

Yesterday my teacher said that I could take part in some codechef or codeforces contest.I was very excited when I hear that.But I have limited time, so I have to choose one.

So I want to ask that Which one is better? codeforces or codechef

\tiny ps: Because \ I \ am \ a \ Chinese \ so \ my \ English \ is\ not\ very\ good.\ I\ am \ sorry\ to\ that.

2 Likes

From my personal experience i would say codechef is very friendly for beginners. Codeforces questions are tough compared to codechef’s. And because you have limited time, you should practice and compete in codechef long challenge every month.

8 Likes
if(你是竞争性编程的新手){
   codechef();
}else{
   codechef();
   codeforces ();
}

Everyone Speaks C++ :wink:

2 Likes

you just united all the Java and Python programmers against you :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I would say choose codechef if you have no experience in cc.

2 Likes

I would suggest codechef for long contest and codeforces for practicing short contest. Codeforces contest definately increase your speed.

3 Likes

P.S - JK…I LOVE JAVA :heart: :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

参考这个

2 Likes

Thank for giving reply. Finally I choose codechef :smile:.

4 Likes

But not Japanese or chinese :rofl:

Codechef long takes a lot of time but is very good for learning new stuff, codechef lunchtime and cook-off happen once a month only, for 2-3 hrs so you should definitely go for those,followed by upsolving.
But codeforces contests are regular, on an average have 2-3 days of cooldown between consecutive contests, so for regular practice go for those.
Apart from Codechef long challenges, I think both are doable simultaneously due to scarce rated contests on codechef compared to codeforces. Rest is up to you :smiley:to choose.

3 Likes

if u want a tough place go to codeforces
codechef long challenges are great

but codechef will give u temporary happieness by giving
u more rating even if u dont do well

at some point …u will get +30 even if u dont solve anything

3 Likes

codechef motivating starters :laughing:

3 Likes

If you really want to improve codeforces contests are a must . You will know your true standing once you compete on codeforces.

7 Likes

I had similar question. Then I started with codeforces and now I love it. Regular and short contests.

1 Like