Which programming language to use

Hi guys I am about to start preparing for an upcoming examination which requires coding in java, python, or c++ This exam requires us to write code for various algorithms like greedy, dynamic, backtracking, and string manipulations. I am much familiar with python but some suggest not to use python for coding examinations because it is very slow. Can we use python to write this type of program without exceeding the time limit? In c++ I know how to write a basic program and don’t know anything about the STL library and how to use them. So please suggest which language should I use to write in my exam and to practice these topics. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

You can go with whatever language you want. When it all comes to build logic then no language is bad or good . Yeah you will get a specific type of advantage in any one language which you will not get in other language but it doesn’t mean that you can not program that code in the language you want. So in my point view , if you are good at python then stick to it. And there is no algorithm that you can not write in python.
But i will suggest you that when you are coding for practice in python then don’t use libraries too much to get direct answer just try to make the code on your on.

1 Like

C++.

2 Likes

I think that learning C++ and some basic structures like vector(dynamic array), set, map and other things will help you out not only in this exam but in the future also. Think of it as a future investment. If your exam is nearby and don’t have that much time to learn and implement programs in C++, you can always do it later

1 Like