Why codechef is overrating people

yes cf ratings are good measure ,the perfect…actually its challenging and we need to do a lot of hard work to gain ratings …it’s the utopia for coding…
but i wish our Indians do well in codeforces also and our sites get better also

1 Like

@hari_2666
Please teach me how to code in 20 minutes in Div-1 and get huge rise in rating. Please share your experience and tips.

2 Likes

i dont have any experience brother…but that happened yesterday and in many cookoffs
if we accept that the cookoffs are unbalanced…then some changes could happen for good…

1 Like

Sir, huge fan of yours! Great to see you here in person. Keep it up with the insightful Quora answers.

1 Like

Perhaps don’t you think you would have had an higher one if it was over rating?(no offences I have 2 as well!) Dude work on yourself these things won’t end you anywhere. From 2 to 3 takes a lot of effort. It’s nothing to worry about on our side.

3 Likes

yes in an ideal world it takes lot of effort from 2* to 3* …
but here its not the case
thats the issue
i agree that this wont matter for me anyways
but i just wish that codechef can do far better than this

There’s not much gap between 2* and 3*.
people with average coding skills can get 3* easily because all you have to do is to do 1-2 questions every contest to get 3 stars.
Also if one 2* can do X question in 3 minutes, it does not imply that 3* or higher can do that in lesser or similar time.
Sometimes the idea or thoughtprocess is different for every individual.
Someone might find smaller approach to do a question while others don’t.
Also I couldn’t do yesterday’s questions because :- A ) I was working on something else as well and B) I am not that good in computation maths to simplify questions, or maybe I just didn’t gave it much thought process.

So chillax dude, being 2* 3* doesn’t even matter in the long run.

4 Likes

Calm down guys . Forget 2*,3*, and all stars…& comparison, you all are gems, just focus on your journey and self-improvement :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

@hari_2666 Actually CodeChef was developed to help ACM ICPC aspirant. Generally it’s rating system and rank list style are same as ACM ICPC.

Teach me senpai.

2 Likes

Yes you are right, but you should understand that it only sometimes the case. Last lunchtime was well balanced with many people solving 3 questions from div1 while question 4 and 5 are expected to be hard. I understand your anger on typing contest but same do happens many times on codeforces as well that people are able to solve only A and B.

1 Like

I think codechef has some personal issues with you as everyone’s rating is easily increasing without doing anything but still your rating is less XD

2 Likes