Why No Long Challenge in MAY 2021

I like the long challenges, because I have time to think of solutions, often taking several days to solve some of the problems. I do not participate in CodeChef short contests because they are held in the middle of the night for me in east Australia, and anyway the time pressure of short contests does not suit my style of thinking. Having picked up programming over many decades, and not having being trained in Computer Science, I often go in a different direction from most others, sometimes successfully but not always.

17 Likes

Yes .Long challenge contains a mixture of different types of problems and also those problems which can be simply solved by brute force but will cause TLE for some subtasks.So ,they are the best to learn building efficient solutions and to learn different optimizing techniques. :smiley:

i think they should keep long challenges but reduce the duration to 3 days also to stop plagarism they can make sets for different users having same level of questions

If long challenge not happened,
They should change the timing of lunchtime.
And also introduced a new challenge also.

1 Like

they may scrap down long challenges but codechef needs to organise more contests , may be in a similar way as codeforces does , with problems rated according to their difficulty etc. @admin if long challenge is scraped down atleast try to organise 4-5 short contests in a month.

2 Likes

Yes man!!! there are only two short contestsā€¦I think there should be at least 4 in a monthā€¦and also do something of Long Challenges. An honest person canā€™t survive in it, no matter how hard he tries. Heā€™ll get demotivated and will finally leave it. Like I decided to leave it from may itself.

3 Likes

If this is really cancelled then it is sad.

Yes, keeping only two rated contests per month is too low. I suggest there must be atleast two to three rated contests in 14days.

I was also waiting for itā€¦

I was excited too for may long challenge, coz I havenā€™t given any of them. Profile looks empty because of that.

Plagarism is common everywhere either in long challenges or short contest .But the thing is long challenge give a boost to a beginner programmer.I personally felt that I learned so many algorithms by solving long-challenge problems.I think it creates a huge impact on CodeChef if long challenge is removed .people get stick to code forces like platform. Personally, I spent a lot of time in solving code forces problems.R.I.P long challenge :smile:

1 Like

I think we have to wait for final confirmation of codechef .Without making nonsence perception.
what u say

Yaa , its right but the short contest is not for noob player. :slight_smile: .

Itā€™s okay if they keep it unrated but at least they should conduct long contests so that any beginner can practice and get better knowledge where he stands in the world.

Will long challenge will never happen?

Until and unless thereā€™s an official news from Codechef, we canā€™t tell anything about the Long challenges.

I think they should make it like starters. Rated only for div 3

3 Likes

I am just giving my opinion , why not make the separate rating for long challenges

2 Likes

In my opinion, it should be unrated or just make a separate Rating System for it.

1 Like

I hope codechef should not get involved in unacedmy too much that it loses control over its core challenges.

5 Likes