Why No Long Challenge in MAY 2021

Long Challenge MAY2021 will happen or not?

14 Likes

To eliminate plagiarisers. Great move

23 Likes

Is this only for the month of MAY or now onwards no more Long Challenges?

4 Likes

I think we should wait for an official confirmation before jumping to conclusions. As I highly doubt that they’ll totally scrap long challenges.

21 Likes

can you explain why people dont like long challenges ??
cause plagiarism also happens in cook-off and lunchtimes

3 Likes

because in cook off and lunchtime time also matters. If you solve the question quickly , you will get a lesser rank. Hence plagiarism doesnt work a lot in cookoffs and lunchtime

12 Likes

aren’t long challenge the same…
whoever solves the fastest come on top

plus if someone can make video editorials, edit them and also upload all of them I don’t think time is a problem
:laughing:

when there were 20min or so left i when to go get dinner(cause i couldn’t solve more questions) my rank around 1000
after i came back i jumped straight to 1700
i was genuinely felt soo bad
:sweat_smile:

3 Likes
  1. No because in long challenges all those having the same score are ranked equally unlike cookoff and lunchtime. :innocent:

2. Because they have solved extra questions.i.e they had more score… Time is checked only to break ties (among those having the same score)… :innocent:

3. Same… :sob:

1 Like

You can’t compare the magnitude of plagiarism in short contests and long contests. I personally don’t like long challenges but long challenges are the only one of their kind and there are at least some people who honestly solve problems, so totally scrapping long challenges would be ignoring the interest of such people.

20 Likes

Just make it unrated. Long challenges are very good for beginners to learn.

57 Likes

Guys… remember we’re still in middle of a worldwide pandemic!!!
I’m sure they are just running behind the schedule

27 Likes

questons are good in long challenge.

2 Likes

Ohk didn’t know about that…
i haven’t given a long challenge so i was kinda excited for the may challenge
:disappointed:

Try upsolving previous Long Contests !

i meant competing with other people over the span of 10 days…

like you know there is a difference when you solve questions from practice-tab and from contests…
:sweat_smile:

It may be fine to remove LONG challenges but then they should make some more short contests also since now it seems very long gap.

6 Likes

yaa, true.

1 Like

If CodeChef introduces an option to participate in the long challenge without being rated (optional choice for the user) it would be great.

2 Likes

Without long challenges , I would stick with codeforces. Long challenges shouldn’t be cancelled or unrated, allows for much growth

6 Likes

Its no longer a competition if u find out a good number of folks in ranklist had copied their codes. There are some who try all 10 days in getting AC and then there are these cheaters.

Last few long challenges has been notorious for copying codes.
Long Challenges shouldn’t die off but keeping it rated is not ethical anymore.

4 Likes