WHY THERE'S NO TRANSPARENCY IN ICPC.

Why there is no transparency in ICPC qualifiers? We can’t see others solutions, we aren’t provided with model solutions, or editorial.

HOW WILL I KNOW THEN, THAT THERE WAS NOW PROBLEM WITH TEST CASES?

HOW WILL I KNOW THEN, THAT THE TEST CASES WERE NOT SO WEAK?

HOW WILL I KNOW THEN, THAT THE PROBLEM STATEMENT DIDN’T HAVE ANY FLAW.

@admin WHY?

23 Likes

I think that they will give editorials but as to the point of testcases, never has Codechef given them or even showed if they were weak or not. Only the contestants find that on their own. I don’t know if ICPC provides testcases or not but if codechef made it then don’t expect anything else. Keep calm and code.

2 Likes

Now I’m done with this. Type code run and you will never know where you were failing.

6 Likes

I thought this question would be more about the level of problems in ICPC qualifiers as the title suggests. I wonder how can this be completely fair where first problem got 40% accuracy and second one only 3.

Many teams getting just one question right will be going into regional which was indeed a typing test as said by @vivek_shah98. Other teams also did solve one question but will be unable to qualify for further rounds.

2 Likes

There are teams who solved 2 and still not going for the regionals :frowning:

1 Like

Atleast this time they are gonna have a lot more mails to choose from, to read at the regionals :-p

This was the website i used to love alot back in first year as the time went by things have gotten worse and there is no other website that frustrates me this much after a contest

I would rather choose topcoder over codechef now, which if you would ask a couple of years ago would have been exactly opposite :frowning:

3 Likes

I love how all the 5 star coders want each competition to be a long one. lmao. then they forget that accuracy is key for short competitions.

2 Likes

Grab the problem statements from the Drive/Dropbox folder before they take that down too.

16 Likes

Why was contest so unbalanced ? >_<
The first question was typing speed test. we made a small bug in it and because of the penalty, we have failed to qualify even a single regionals. :frowning:

7 Likes

well that was your fault isn’t it? The team that qualified didn’t make a wrong submission. And you knew there was penalty so you should have been careful before making a submission. :slight_smile: I think the main problem was most people got so much demotivated after 2 that they didn’t try 3rd. And others didnt try that seeing the number of submissions is very less(including me). Anyways I do think it was not a speedtest as if there had been another trivial/cakewalk problem again one who solves first without penalty wins. So its accuracy/speedtest always if you see it like that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

P.S. I too got a penalty for 1 for a stupid mistake and that was my mistake I can’t blame setters for that . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, I agree with you @soham1234, that it’s definitely my mistake. It’s nothing to blame the setters for our penalty. My point is that there should be (say), 5 hrs contest with more problems to solve. People might get stuck in some easy problem and lose time on penalty but they can cover up in a 5 hour contest and that would surely judge the teams much better, than just choosing team who solves fastest without penalty for the first problem(which happened in case of our college).

Accuracy is key for short contests

They know that. They are frustrated with something else.

11 Likes