Wrongly penalized in December Long Challenge 2018 Division 2

CodeChef Admin
Recently I have got an E-mail that I will be penalized for false plagiarism. And I am going to be penalized by some 275 points.

But before that don’t You think you should analyze the activities of CodeChef user. It takes a hell lot to gain rating and after all that you just penalize a user for nothing just on the basis of code matching. It might be possible that he might have just copied my code from somewhere but the thing is I have never posted my code on any platform and neither I discussed about questions.

You can see that other user’s code with which my code has been matched has already been penalized two more times. Instead of blocking him. You are just penalizing other coders also.

I really don’t know how my code got matched with him.And also one serious

security question

“How did he managed to get my code from CodeChef platform i have never pasted my solution anywhere”

But what i know is i have submitted my code 5 days before him.And it takes a hell lot to me to gain 1900+ rating.

Please look into this matter.

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/21960257
https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/21866005

1 Like

Dec18 HomePage
<copy-pasted-part>
However, if you are using any other online development environment, make sure that other contestants don’t have access to your code. As a contestant, you are responsible for making sure others don’t access the code that you submit. If you use Ideone, make sure to mark your submission “private” (not secret)".

</copy-pasted-part>

Ranting here won’t help you. Follow the procedure written in the mail.

2 Likes

There are >7k users on average for long contest. And you are proposing that we look at history and what not to see which of them is a cheater and which is not? And then again you will want that MOSS wraps up very fast so everyone can give laddus. And then again you’d want all cheaters to get punished. Sorry, but cut your demands.

And whats exactly the point of this thread? Why not tell everyone the question and/or give them the submission links? :slight_smile:

I really don't know how my code got matched with him.

And thats NONE of codechef’s concern. We are NOT here in investigate how your code got leaked, thats your role. What we have is that your code was involved in malpractice, and hence by rules you are punished. Simple and Sweet.

Then, again- I have got an E-mail that I will be penalized for false plagiarism.

How is it false plagiarism when your code got leaked out? :). Codechef doesnt have special rules, both cheater and the guy whose code got leaked, both are penalized - and this happens everywhere, whether it be codechef, codeforces etc.

"How did he managed to get my code from CodeChef platform i have never pasted my solution anywhere"

Why are you even assuming he got it from codechef platform? There are many ways by which he can obtain your solution, for example -You yourself give it to him and then make a rant on forums to make yourself seem innocent :).

/* End of Discussion :) */
1 Like