Your College Is At Which Position In Codechef Contests?

I think that there sholuld be a ranklist which can also show the rankings of colleges on the basis of contests.This Will also develop a coding culture in their respective colleges.

25 Likes

do-not think its valid enough , that will discourage others, well if you are interested in seeing your college people’s rank at a place that is there , and even if you want to see college people’s global rank or Indian rank , that facility is also there , no negative views but i donot think there is any need of it , this might discourage people from not that well known colleges.

I think this is a good idea. There will be incentive for people to work hard and get their college name higher up. Basically the competitive spirit will increase. I fail to see how this will demotivate anyone. The mean rating of the college or something can be used as the parameter.

6 Likes

Check this one,
https://discuss.codechef.com/questions/92069/ratings-for-institutes-in-competetive-programming-cpctrlcom

8 Likes

Nice idea. i think there should also be a way to see each country’s rank.

2 Likes

yes it will make a coding culture in colleges

2 Likes

I think everyone like this idea including me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is already a website to see all this.

LINK-http://www.cpctrl.com/

1 Like

pls someone upvote me i wanted to upvote

2 Likes

I think this will be a nice idea only if it is implemented in such a way that I doesn’t discourage not so good coders from starting in to world of coding just because their activity may damage their college’s ranking . The competition should be healthy and encouraging . I personally feel delighted on seeing people from my college doing good in contests . So it all boils down on how this thing will be implemented .

2 Likes

I need reputation points, pls upvote.

5 Likes

yes this is nice idea and also the students motivates by seeing their ranks in college.

3 Likes

great idea @spp____

2 Likes

great idea @spp____

2 Likes

how will you check if someone(i understand the sample of them will be small and wont matter when there are a lot of entries for a college) creates a multiple throwaway and purposely gets low score just to sabotage competing college’s rating ?

nice idea @spp____

2 Likes

nice idea

2 Likes

This will definitely help for people within the college to work together and share their skill with each other

2 Likes

Why @admin not reply on such good type of suggestions?

I would like to upvote but need reputation points. Please upvote.

1 Like