Your review for Atcoder contests

I am thinking to participate in Atcoder Beginner Contests,
What’s the level of difficulty and what kind of problems are asked in it.

How did it helped you ?
Any tips ?

I’d like to improve on my dp, graph and math skills.

@karangreat234 your thoughts?

3 Likes

ABC is too simple, you can’t learn anything from it.

3 Likes

What do you recommend ?

AGC ARC :yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

2 Likes

You should focus more on petrozavodsk contests of Atcoder . They’ll make you too string :slight_smile:
My comment has been edited @hetp111 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just participate you will learn something for sure.

3 Likes

What’s the meaning of it?

I think she mean atcoder grand contest and atcoder regular contest

3 Likes

Disagree.
@hetp111 Go for them. They are really nice. Although english editorials are not there. Many time people translates them and publish on cf. If no one translates then you can always ask doubt about them on cf under announcement page. You can even ask just after contest “How to solve D?” Someone for sure will share his/her approach.

@loopfree Seems atcoder these days removed ARC (no announcement about it). They also increased rating bound (upto 2000 - Rating bound of ARC) and no of questions to 6 (Earlier parallel ABC+ARC had 6 questions.)
I never participated in ARC so I cant comment If current ABC difficulty == ARC difficulty.
If they didnt removed ARC. Then also I would have recommend ABC for beginners.

Dont want to listen to me?

4 Likes

:thinking: :thinking:
Searching Atcoder archive. I found only one " AtCoder Petrozavodsk Contest" contest.
Focusing on only one contest will be helpful. :thinking: :thinking:

I agree completely. It’s the one of the best places to practice and compete regardless of rating. You can see newbies to Legendary Grandmaster’s taking part ABCs. I regret that I didn’t start competing there sooner.

Just another example

4 Likes

@aryanc403 Thank you for your reminder. I take back what I said just now. I haven’t played in the atcoder contest for a long time. When I participated, ABC was a very simple contest. Now it seems that it has merged with arc.
:hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

The person who wants to understand will understand what I said.

Thanks, that did help!
Do they have virtual participation ? I can’t find it.

I didn’t quite get that… :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I can only see one contest of petrozavodsk.
Was is really that good? (by good I don’t mean really difficult)

One of the red coders of India on Codeforces suggested me petrozavodsk(not only of AtCoder). Rest is upto you and your choice.

2 Likes

You can try vjudge

1 Like

@hetp111 You will find the last question of ABC interesting :slight_smile: (may be as it is relative one)

2 Likes