ZCO 2015 Discussion

200 is too much I think.

Nah! Our questions were really easy. But, I surely think your and my cutoffs will be different.

Haha I took the morning session actually! Got 100/200.

Was your solution for covering bruteforce?

More or less. What I did was, start with any range, not covered, find the number in this range which covers max no. of other ranges, mark them as selected, repeat until all are selected. Maybe it’s not a correct solution, but this is all I could think of.

I don’t think 40 is a fair cut off. I solved both the questions of the morning session today with a stopwatch on, and it took me one hour and twenty minutes for both of them, with no extra help whatsoever. Which is when DP isn’t really my bailiwick.

IMHO, getting a perfect score on the morning session was significantly easier than getting a non-zero one in the afternoon session.

1 Like

Don’t you think that this would give TLE?

I did the same thing but I made a really strong test case and it didn’t pass it.

No, he has got perfect score. His algorithm is O(N) after sorting which is the best you can do I think.

No I am talking about the other link that he has given. Try this test case:
65000 1000
1 1 1 …and 64997 1’s

This would take 64999*65000/2 steps.

Yeah, I got full as well and got an email, so I can confirm that the cutoff is not more than 200 :stuck_out_tongue:

The 40 point subtask for rectangle was just brute force, and it’s arguably easier than the first problem of the morning session.

However the psychological factor is not to be underestimated - if I had done the afternoon session I would certainly not be aiming to get 40, so I might have tried to get 200 and failed to get anything at all. But seen on its own the 40 point subtask was easier than getting 200 in the morning session.