ZCO 2022 Discussion

Yeah I used a dp solution for Vacation and got AC

can you share your dp idea. I used dp but it tle(d)

no the cutoff depends ont he difficultyof the paper and the score of the people. so you can’t predict it

wait is it? I didnot submit one of my ideas cause i thought it is wrong :frowning:

Mine was more so prefix sum than dp, but I basically calculated for each point the number of zeros till that point. Then, for each case, I took the total number of zeros till the end point and subtracted the ones before the start point, essentially restricting it to the two points.
Now, if that number was greater than 0, then I outputted 0, and if not, I outputted 1.

When do you think the cutoffs will come out?

I am 100% sure pretests were too weak.
One of my partner in exam implemented binary search without sorting to search zero and it gave him 54 points.
I think we cannot decide on the basis of pretests.

Perhaps that’s true.

However, depending on how the contestant generated the list of 0s, sorting may or may not be required. Usually, if you’re just iterating in order to generate the list, you shouldn’t need to sort anyway.

He was not making any array he was just searching from one point to other through binary search.
From then i am not believing on any pretest.

Can you please tell how this idea of “searching from one point to another using binary search” works. All my peers were fascinated about it and we really do want to know this trick. Please tell ASAP
Thanks a lot

7 Likes

I got only 23 :pensive:

Is our programs will be evaluated again on some secret test data or score given us yesterday is final?

I(i guess all) faced one very annoying problem yesterday. Codechef is taking more than 5-6 min to judge our code yesteray.I wasted 20 min just staring at loading icon like a stupid.

How is the cutoff decided usually?is it to get a fixed number of students from each class?how many if yes

All submissions will go through additional tests ans the admins may try to hack unintended solutions/approaches.

Wait, so we can login with our zco account?

Yes u can login but we won’t be able to see any problems of Yesterday’s exam

2 Likes

Does ZCO have category cutoffs or is it usually just one cutoff for all like in 2019(25).

I think it’s category cutoffs, since they do it in ZIO, so to keep the same here would be logical.

Any idea when the results will be announced as I see that zio results were declared within 10 days