ZIO problems

NO I’m still not able to do it. I couldn’t find any pattern. Give me one more hint like, where could I find a pattern? @sudheerays123.

1 Like

this is what i got my answer for the following n :

2 --> 2
3 --> 3
4 --> 6
5 --> 10
6 --> 17

I got these values and then i found a pattern here and i continued it and got correct answer for the question

Sudheera Y S
:slight_smile::smile:

2 Likes

Oh!! I see, the patterns were in the answers I was searching the patterns the whole time in the methods of solving each N manually. This was a tricky one.:dizzy_face::dizzy_face:
You are really good at it!!

Thank you :innocent::innocent:

1 Like

I dont know why this works
Anyone ?

2 Likes

Ya, its weird, I too did not expect to get the answer in this way.:thinking::thinking:
I have a feeling that there must some other way which is more logical and it is sure that combinatorics is somehow related to problem. I am sure of it.:100:

And Yes programmers are really like

It doesn’t work --------WHY???:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
It works --------WHY???:roll_eyes::exploding_head:
:rofl::joy::joy:

1 Like

:rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Hello, @sudheerays123
Did you manage to solve 2018, P3?
here’s the link https://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/2018/zio2018/zio2018-question-paper.pdf
I just want a hint.

1 Like

Yes I have solved the problem

Here is the hint :

Do brute force and combinatorics both

Sudheera Y S
:slightly_smiling_face::smile:

2 Likes

I tried but can’t. @sudheerays123 explain the logic, a little bit.
Thanks

1 Like

And hey @sudheerays123,
For ZIO 2017 P2 PART-B, did you exactly get 199 as the answer written in the solution,
I checked it several times but I get the answer 197.
I have solved the other two parts but I did not get this one.

The logic I used here for PART-B is that I just compared the two distances for each person to go to X or Y and selected the one with less distance, since space in X and Y is 6 which is equal to N i.e 12 (X+Y), just as solved example given in the question.

1 Like

Yes I got 199 I guess

2 Likes

Hey @sudheerays123, please confirm it and please tell me the solution for 2018, P3, that I asked earlier.

1 Like

Indeed, why does the recursion a_n - 1 = a_{n-1} + a_{n-2} work in 2019 P3?
Yeah by the way it’ll be nice if they upload more editorials before ZIO.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to do 2019 P1 in a nice way? I just manually wrote everything out and counted after seeing a pattern. Took 15 minutes for the first part, and then I just had to extend it to K=19 and K=22. 20 minutes for that lolz, anyone knowing an easier way?

Try doing it using dynamic programming (dp)

2 Likes

Pls help me guys …
Only 10 days left for ZIO …
Not able to do these problems …

@anon38711361 @g_ajeet_11000 @mathecodician @p_square

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello @denjell ,

I tried to do the ZIO 2009 , P1 ( the tiling problem ) but I am not able to do it . Can you pls help @denjell ( as always as you did) ?

Link for the problem : https://www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/2009/zio2009/zio2009-qpaper.pdf

Thanks a lot
Sudheera Y S

2 Likes

Hello @all ,

I found a very good article on Tiling problems , so I would love to share with you guys

Here is the amazing website I found: Way to solve Tiling Problems - Journey of CP with DP

@denjell You will definitely love this website :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope all of you guys find it useful

Thanks !
Sudheera Y S
:slight_smile::smile:

2 Likes

Somebody Plsssss help me :sob: :sob:

Thanks !

2 Likes

Pls help to solve this problem @denjell !!!
I am not getting it

Thanks a lot !!

2 Likes

I found a solution for this problem which i didnt understand
Here is the solution : gEh2SH - Online Java Compiler & Debugging Tool - Ideone.com

Can someone plssssss help me understand what the code is even doing ?

Thanks a lot !!!

1 Like