100 percent attendance related query

i have a query related 100% attendance that suppose when i am in 1 division and not able to do 1 question can i do just 1 question from division 2 such that my 100% attendance will be secure because i never miss a single major contest for 5 months

Nope, Div2 problems are merely practice problems. You wonā€™t be considered as a participant if you solve it.

1 Like

My request to @admin is to keep a scope for continuing streak for div1 people when questions of div1 are hard enough to get even 1 pointā€¦
And div1 problems are hard to solve and div1 guy couldnā€™t do any then he will loose his streak just because he is in div1 and not in div2ā€¦
This according to me looks like a punishment for div1 peopleā€¦ I donā€™t think we should give punishment to people for doing good in previous contests to get 1800 ratings to go in div1ā€¦
What I propose is to give continuity in streak for solving any problem from div2 in contests for div1ā€¦ Though itā€™s okay if u can find any other soln to this problemā€¦
PS: this answer couldnā€™t fit in comment so I made an answer of it

1 Like

@l_returns - I talked to @admin regarding your suggestion as well. There are issues if solving Div2 questions counts. We discussed the case thoroughly

The intention of those questions was practice only. Solving them doesnt affect any participation status, rating etc. It feels very one-sided to think that a person wants to ā€œget benefits of participation without any possible risks of it.ā€ When a user participates, he is in my opinion, taking a risk. His rating can increase, it can decrease. The change can be major. It seemed unfair in the discussion that a person wants to reap the rewards of participation without any responsibility.

Then, this thing could be really misused by so many people who would not participate but just solve that cakewalk question and go away. Thatā€™d kill the aim of 100% participation reward which aimed at ā€œUsers should participate and give their best doing that so that they can learn from codechefā€™s contest.ā€

Also, your concern was also addressed to. The difficulty level is maintained. Especially for Cook-offs, they dont want the ā€œEasyā€ level questions being on harder side. They took care of this scenario there. If that is not followed and the community finds a violating instance, theyā€™d be happy to deal with it immediately. They also donā€™t want any mishap like that, so we are all in the same boat :).

As a precaution, @admin will talk to respective contest admins about this as well.

3 Likes

My query is Still not resolved under 100% attendance participation reward - #2 by vijju123 - general - CodeChef Discuss /cc @vijju123 @admin

Are you sure or is it just an intuition? :o

@vijju can you ask admin this because question i think i doesnt matter wheather a question is rated or not the thing is i will take part in every contest ā€¦

@vijju123 ā€˜100% attendance participation reward: If a user participates (ie. solves at least 1 problem; and even partial solutions are counted) in each of CodeChefā€™s monthly contests (Long Challenge, CookOff, Lunchtime) in any 12 month period, then they will get 1000 Laddus.ā€™-- So you need to solve a CONTEST problem.

Also, ā€˜The following problems are NOT part of the contest, and will not be counted towards your rankings and ratingsā€™.

I think this clears any doubt.

I will have to ask them for confirmation. I think I asked before as well, but the question got lost amidst huge discussions for plagiarism concerns and what not.

Those questions become part of Questions Partially Solved in the profile page and hence I think it will be counted. However, only the admin can confirm this.

I also felt same as @sarthakmannaā€¦ But I ll be glad to hear that he is wrong :smiley:
Please @vijju123 do request to @admin to look into this matter as u said u ll after this plagarism issues gets fixedā€¦

My request to @admin is to keep a scope for continuing streak for div1 people when questions of div1 are hard enough to get even 1 point ā€¦
And div1 problems are hard to solve and div1 guy couldnā€™t do any then he ll lost his streak just because he is in div1 and not in div2ā€¦
This according to me looks like a punishment for div1 peopleā€¦ I donā€™t think we should give punishment to people for doing good in previous contests to get 1800 ratings to go in div1ā€¦

@all : I talked to @admin . Participation is considered ONLY when div1 guy solves div1 problems. It will not be considered if he solves only div2 problems (which arent counted).

@sarthakmanna is right.

Please can u request @admin from my side @vijju123

Especially for short contestsā€¦

Will forward your answer to @admin

.Thanks :slight_smile:

No, it wonā€™t be considered as a participant.

1 Like

Yeah I understand that riskā€¦ If difficulty is maintained then this is completely alrightā€¦ I was in worry due to previous long challenge as I found it a little bit difficultā€¦ so I was worried that if this was the case of short contest then I might have lost itā€¦