A tough TCS Codevita 2020?

TCS codevita pre qual round zone 1 ended for me and…
I was able solve one problem (problem A) out of 6 problems and (some partials) in tcs codevita 2020 which started today, I felt that the contest was tough and corner cassy. Last I checked there were (150 AC submissions in problem B) and 5 AC submissions in problem A(3 of them were mine ;p) after a period of 7hrs. I feel like the contest was tough for everyone, anyways will I make it to the next round with 1 solved problem??
Also how was your round?!!
I felt it was difficult compared to previous codevitas.

17 Likes

Yeah…it was much more difficult than last year and also many questions were way too lengthy and unclear. I was able to solve to solve 3/6 questions.

9 Likes

If the contest has ended, do you mind sharing the problems?

3 Likes

I had this question A, there was so much going on, it’s so easy to miss something and problem B was giving runtime error even though I am pretty sure I am not going out of bounds nor there was any arithmetic exception, it was a messy contest. I couldn’t solve a single one :frowning:

5 Likes

@sabrecpp Sir, please would you mind sharing the problems? Like how hard were they? even harder than div 1?

So you were the one that solved A,B and E fully?! I was wondering who is this guy haha.

1 Like

The contest is still ongoing but I could brief you on the level of problems, like A was hardcore implementation, the toughest I have ever solved implementation wise, B was good, I had to refer my old 12th physics NCERT to get some formula sounds odd right :slight_smile: C was a nice recursion problem, D was the lengthiest graph+dp problem I have ever seen, E was I guess a priority queue problem with some dp (did not manage to pass the cases though) and F was a constraint problem which I guess could have solved by binary search or also some greedy technique, I was exhausted by the time I reached F so really did not give it a good try.

1 Like

The contest is still ongoing but I could brief you on the level of problems, like A was hardcore implementation, the toughest I have ever solved implementation wise, B was good, I had to refer my old 12th physics NCERT to get some formula sounds odd right :slight_smile: C was a nice recursion problem, D was the lengthiest graph+dp problem I have ever seen, E was I guess a priority queue problem with some dp (did not manage to pass the cases though) and F was a constraint problem which I guess could have solved by binary search or also some greedy technique, I was exhausted by the time I reached F so really did not give it a good try.

@sabrecpp Yeah bro it did felt difficult solving them. I was able to solve only 1 question completely and 3 other questions which passed public TCs. Let’s see if we qualify. (Fingers crossed !)

1 Like

:joy::joy: There were different sets of questions…I guess I got the easier one :wink: …Luck played an important role… Was able to get AC for problem A (Constellation), problem C (Railway Stations) and problem D (Minimize the Sum). Btw, there were many who solved 3 questions.

Thank you sir for your replies.They have set the question hard as they are considering it as their main recruitment mode this year.

Thank you sir for your reply

1 Like

Can someone tell me what does this graph show(are these my problem set)

This is what my graph looks like currently, can you show me yours? My problem A was (codekart)

The number of accepted solutions.

hello, I have solved few answers but when I submit it, It is showing time limit exceeded. I am sure my program runs under 1 sec.

I have tried just running a program with only user inputs ,no operations it still took 2 secs to run.

Did anyone able to run it under 1 sec? or is there problem with codevita?

dude can you send a link to your code for Maximize sum, ofcourse after the contest.

Try with C

Are Questions in codevita same for all the participants for that particular zone?

some questions are same basically codevita may have 6 to 12 set of questions (each contain 6) and they randomly distributed.

1 Like