the rating does not matter much bro

yeah, earlier there were three different ratings for different contests ig

agreed

yes

Couldn’t agree more

they already do, i think
And they use MOSS for plag check

yeah … i don’t want unrated long challenge or lower participation also

FOCUS ON YOUR WORK and don’t be bothered about cheaters…they’ll pay sooner or later

Rating doesn’t matter at all, but still it is a metric of improvement for many (faulty metric ofc).
Many programmers have target rating improvements and new year resolutions associated with their rating and they practice hard to achieve that goal. But as you know rating is determined by many aspects like problemset, number of competitors (and cheaters of course). It instills a sense of dissatisfaction in those who worked hard for it. Not everyone is mature like you :pensive: to understand the fact that rating is not important. That’s why there are more views on blog posts regarding cheating than that of editorials of problem after long challenge.

1 Like

Half of 10 is 5, not 20. He means to say that his rank would’ve been better if no one cheated.

i know, it is for me too.
But being disappointed in life that people cheat, is no solution. Ratings are fleeting, knowledge is permanent. focus on learning and improving your rating, don’t waste time on checking others ratings

yes, yes. sorry. my focus was elsewhere ( was talking on phone)

Multitasking doesn’t suit me lol

Exactly!!
Metrics of Success

Screen-Shot-2017-11-21-at-4.49.00-pm

3 Likes

People are like: “Kisika GUESSG >= 75 hua toh dm kro, maine 100 ka CONTAIN kiya h”

1 Like

UPDATE: Divsion 1 ratings have changed.

lol :rofl: :joy:

On telegram :
Screenshot_2020-06-15 do na do na meme - Google Search

5 Likes

:joy:bs bhai bs :joy:

2 Likes

Alt account for comments dear

Okay so this is why the accepted solutions for the TUPLE problem went just from 20-25 in the first 3 days all the way to almost 2000 till the end of the contest. I was shocked to see this, but now I know the reason behind it

2 Likes

What you are saying is true but it gives rise to plagiarism .And i think codechef ide must be made default i.e there should not be any option of copy pasting . In this way even if somone cheats he/she has to write the full program. I don’t think codechef has any other way to stop cheaters on whatsapp telegram youtube or anything else cause everyone has each others numbers and all . And if one type of cheating is stopped somehow new cheating technique are discovered .

1 Like