Cheating on telegram groups

People are not giving hints, they are discussing the complete ideas behind the problems.

More than 920 members have solutions of live contests on this group.

What can be done to stop cheating or make the Long contests unrated ?

16 Likes

Not only Telegram but discord, what’s app and everywhere.

1 Like

This is insane!!!

1 Like

921 members :joy:

6 Likes

Codechef will lose all it’s credibility if such a thing continues and it already started !

2 Likes

@abhishek0901 see yourself

2 Likes

Codechef should have a seperate rating change for long challenges otherwise with time and such activities codechef rating credibility will definitely loose.

5 Likes

Yeah , This was my first codechef contest ever . Somehow i managed to solve half of the questions. Not bad , not good either . It’s quite discouraging to see these people involved in such activities . I think ,i as a beginner , doing much better by solving problems on my own . and we must focus more on learning than on getting good ranks . These people should be ashamed of themselves . One request to all "Let the contest be as fair as possible " .

11 Likes

Cheating in codechef’s long challenge is not a new thing.

2 Likes

At this point, there is no point in discussing why Long Challenges are bad in the long run. Sure, you learn new concepts, but cheating can be eliminated if they are made unrated.

8 Likes

Seeing people achieving good ratings by practicing such things. It’s really annoying for me.

i warned them

2 Likes

@tannatsri
what say now?
TOLD YOU IT WAS A BAD IDEA

check this out:

4 Likes

lol yeah

In this way you can avoid cheating but participation will also decrease, rating act as motivation to try problems for 10 days.

1 Like

The admin of this group is @kaiyu . Do you have anything to say Bro? How will you ensure that this doesn’t happen again.

dw…in the long run, cheaters will get nothing out of this
Those who cheat will never actually gain true knowledge…think bout this, how will they cheat their way out of a job interview? sooner or later they’ll pay.
Cheating for the sole purpose of getting higher rating is the stupidest fancy a coder can have

8 Likes

@admin I know people at codechef would have already started looking at these cheating matters and future of long contests but please make the process faster because cheating is increasing after every contest, like group of 900 members are insane, codechef is loosing its credibility.

not really, cheating can never be eliminated in practice.
Also, making challenges unrated might only demotivate new coders from participating.

4 Likes

offline groups should not be allowed…

The only way they can get the phone numbers / usernames for offline groups is by using CC Discuss in the first place…like @tannatsri is doing