Codechef IDE is horrible(for me atleast)

I have done some contests recently on codechef IDE, whichever question i did, i got time limit exceeded on running. At that time i thought maybe it was not the efficient solution. When i noticed successful submissions after contest, they contained the same logic and they were accepted. Now instead of running , i straightaway submitted my solutions and they work. Is it only me that is getting this problem as people seem to get their solutions accepted ? Please tell me.

3 Likes

Nope. You must have done some mistake from your end (Did you provide custom test cases ? ). I have used CC IDE for a long time.

It works fine.

2 Likes

it sometimes also gives sle-submission limit exceeded even when no live contest is going on.
and also it is very slow hence it is always recommended to use offline ideā€™s

2 Likes

maybe the custom test cases you provided took more time to run while the test cases given by contest took less time and if you had submitted, it wouldā€™ve worked

1 Like

I donā€™t think so. I think he totally forgot to provide custom input or he gave wrong inputs.
I also use codechef ide. It works fine.

2 Likes

Doesnt it take the sample test cases automatically if i dont check the custom input option??
I just have started using codechef actively,before i used hackerearth and it happens directly there.

Nope bro.
Its a plane IDE. It does not do anything automatically.

1 Like

alright, thanks :smiley: , good to know!!!

Generally you get such problem when you hit run on IDE without custom inputs, Segmentation error is most common in this case, Personally i have been through so always try with custom inputs.

Read this :-

2 Likes

Codechef ide shows ide not initializedā€¦am i the only one who faces this?

2 Likes

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever loaded the page and not seen this error :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I typically use Non IDE Mode for submission. Itā€™s pretty ugly but works lolšŸ˜…

1 Like

Yeah, I do all my work offline and try to actually Submit as infrequently as possible XD

2 Likes