Codechef IDE is horrible(for me atleast)

I have done some contests recently on codechef IDE, whichever question i did, i got time limit exceeded on running. At that time i thought maybe it was not the efficient solution. When i noticed successful submissions after contest, they contained the same logic and they were accepted. Now instead of running , i straightaway submitted my solutions and they work. Is it only me that is getting this problem as people seem to get their solutions accepted ? Please tell me.

3 Likes

Nope. You must have done some mistake from your end (Did you provide custom test cases ? ). I have used CC IDE for a long time.

It works fine.

2 Likes

it sometimes also gives sle-submission limit exceeded even when no live contest is going on.
and also it is very slow hence it is always recommended to use offline ide’s

2 Likes

maybe the custom test cases you provided took more time to run while the test cases given by contest took less time and if you had submitted, it would’ve worked

1 Like

I don’t think so. I think he totally forgot to provide custom input or he gave wrong inputs.
I also use codechef ide. It works fine.

2 Likes

Doesnt it take the sample test cases automatically if i dont check the custom input option??
I just have started using codechef actively,before i used hackerearth and it happens directly there.

Nope bro.
Its a plane IDE. It does not do anything automatically.

1 Like

alright, thanks :smiley: , good to know!!!

Generally you get such problem when you hit run on IDE without custom inputs, Segmentation error is most common in this case, Personally i have been through so always try with custom inputs.

Read this :-

2 Likes

Codechef ide shows ide not initialized…am i the only one who faces this?

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever loaded the page and not seen this error :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I typically use Non IDE Mode for submission. It’s pretty ugly but works lol😅

1 Like

Yeah, I do all my work offline and try to actually Submit as infrequently as possible XD

2 Likes