So I came across this link https://unacademy.com/goal/competitive-programming/LEARNCP
- After the acquiring by Unacademy is this so called “An Educational Initiative” is it going to be something where it won’t be community driven and a more of a pay to learn platform ?
- Is it no more about building the best programmers and levelling the field and providing the equal opportunities for budding programmers for the CodeChef ?
- All the blog posts that it’s just transfer of parent company and nothing changes on how CodeChef operates were those a lie when the transition happened from Directi to Unacademy ?
- What is the difference between CodeChef and Udemy, Scaler, Coding Ninjas, Coding Blocks, if you are starting to make your own paid courses ?
- Why not keep those courses for free and serve the goal that separates CodeChef from every xyz company in India which is there just for making money out of students ?
- Aren’t college fees and unequal access to technology enough challenges which a beginner programmer faces, you are adding to which by creating paid courses with your “Parent Company” ?
Everything in this nation that has potential to build critical thinkers of tomorrow, be it UPSC, Civil Services in 80s and 90s, JEE in 2000s, and Programming and Software Development in this decade, it gets converted into a coaching and then an unequal playing field where it is pay to succeed, and unequal access to opportunities if you come from an underprivileged background.
It hurts me now when I look at the motive and early posts about the vision with which CodeChef was started and into this commercialized thing it is going to be soon. It’s just sad to see the platform degrade day by day.
- Go to this comment on this post if you are new and wondering where you could get great resources for free: Link