Codechef on its way to become a paid platform and next Coding Ninjas or Coding Blocks?

CodeChef is giving me more and more reasons to leave the platform day by day

16 Likes

If this happen then what should beginners like me do.
Editorial is the necessary part for learning new things.
Unacademy so called Educational Initiative just ruining codechef :frowning:

Codechef 2020 RIP

3 Likes

Don’t make the coding education paid

1 Like

7 Likes

Alternatives of paid course -

1. Courses - Codeforces
  2. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0zvY3yIBQTrSutsV-4yscQ
  3. Kartik Arora - YouTube
  4. take U forward - YouTube
  5. Love Babbar - YouTube
  6. WilliamFiset - YouTube
  7. Errichto - YouTube
  8. SecondThread - YouTube
  9. https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/
  10. Luv - YouTube
  11. William Lin - YouTube
  12. Rachit Jain - YouTube
  13. Gaurav Sen - YouTube
  14. Sameer Gulati - YouTube
  15. Coding Blocks - YouTube
  16. Clément Mihailescu - YouTube
  17. ITMO Algorithms Course - Codeforces
  18. Dardev - YouTube

and many many CF / CC / Quora / Medium Articles .

55 Likes

I was about to make this :joy:

2 Likes

About IOI, ICPC coders making lectures for free or not? To that I have the mic drop moment here for you to reply. Errichto. Need I say more ?

About institutes and other things that you mentioned, go ahead look at the statistics, most of the achievers are the ones who focus on self-study and not on the basis of following institutes like a cult or religion.

I don’t have problem with existing platforms charging students, only problem I have with this is CodeChef is what it is because of efforts of great programmers who contributed and help build the community, and now they use all their efforts and hard work and the reputation they gained to make money out of this, and making money in a way which is coming out of students’ pockets and not helping the great coders who help build the CodeChef community over the years.

3 Likes

Well anyway I dont think that many people would be interested in such a course which takes 6k per month for something which is easily available on the YouTube and much better

2 Likes

The day codechef was acquired by the “Unacademy”, I knew from that moment soon the doom’s day will come. They should remove the tagline - “Unacademy Education initiative”. No, its was initiative of codechef alone and now everything is ruined.

5 Likes

Oh you are dead wrong bro. Beginners who don’t know much will think otherwise.

4 Likes

Unacademy ka chakkar he babu bhaiya !

9 Likes

Exactly, what is preventing them from doing this scenario, a newbie signs up, who is already intimidated and not sure where to go, he signs up, gets the email from CodeChef and that email has the courses along with description of how “ICPC Qualified” students are taking classes, natural instinct would be to go for it and buy right ?

2 Likes

there are lots of misconceptions. There are no institutions for IOI.its self effort only.Everyone prepares on own only and the deserving reach the international stages.
also there are no institutions for IMO(later stages).may exist for regional stages.

3 Likes

I don’t care if they make paid courses on Uncademy but the courses should have good quality stuff like the DSA Learning Series. I found the problems to be really good.

2 Likes

Noone is gonna become red or orange just by doing these courses so it doesn’t matter.these are courses of basic things for which there are lots of already available resources.

7 Likes

I hope these Unacademy guys go beyond “basic things” otherwise it’s not worth it.

1 Like

That’s the another concern. DSA Series was made at a time when codechef didn’t offer courses for money. Will we be able to have community made great courses for free if codechef declared that all the creators “if they would like” can use their knowledge and make courses on Unacademy and they can get paid in doing so, eventually most of the creators would be like yeah why not, if I can get extra bucks in the process (for which I don’t blame them) but codechef is aiding the process of setting up pay walls, essentially making it hard for those who can’t afford to pay.

3 Likes

And they said 2020 can’t be worse.

3 Likes

Add mine also :slight_smile:

Am going to eventually go for the WHOLE basic CP knowledge repository here. For my son. For the next generation. Everything you need to get cracking and whip away at serious challenges. A grand course, but one video at a time? Maybe give me an year, but subscriber or not I will build the entire knowledge base here!

5 Likes