Codechef server : Way slower than before

So you guys can clearly have a look here that I solved all the 5 questions and still my rank ain’t updated to 1. Whereas, for others, it’s been updated. I had submitted my last solution at the end when a minute was left ( I joined the contest at the last 30 min. left).

My solution got accepted when the contest got over, but my submission was a minute ago.

Why does it take so much time?

I have been giving contests for a long time and since the platform was handed over to Unacademy there has always been a problem with the server. In the Cook-Off December contest, the server crashed and my points got reduced as I wasn’t able to submit even though the timer kept running.

I kindly request the Codechef team to please work on the server. If it takes 2-3 days to do it then keep the site off. But kindly eradicate the problems. Because today also the server was damn slow. Today’s contest was an unrated one so I don’t mind nor getting a rank 1 update but for rated contests every second matter. So please work on it.

@admin kindly look into the matter. I shall be obliged.

4 Likes

I don’t think that the servers were slow today, I gave two contests on CodeChef today and both of them went pretty smoothly

2 Likes

you gave for Div 1 Cook-Off I guess. In div 2 our ranks didn’t get updated for approx 20 min.

2 Likes

That was only for a certain period of time where the rank wasn’t getting updated, and it was pretty long, in my honest opinion. But I don’t see why do you all care about your “rank” when you have to improve your “skills”.

3 Likes

yeah same happened with me in dec cook off

1 Like

btw, how do delayed rank updates affect your performance? I mean don’t see any correlation between the 2 things you mentioned.

3 Likes

This seems be a bug which we are looking into. Thanks for reporting.
This has nothing to do with the servers though.

6 Likes

Okay, no problem. Just thought of bringing light to the problem in front of the community. Thanks for your response.

Is codechef down for you guys too ?

2 Likes

Yes, I was participating in Code-o-Fiesta and it started showing the following message towards the end:

500 Internal Server Error

nginx

I couldn’t even login to the discuss page for sometime.

2 Likes

Yes exactly

1 Like

it’s down

1 Like

wht is bad gateway guys

1 Like

Exactly,why don’t they upgrade their servers?I

1 Like

This seems be a bug which we are looking into. Thanks for reporting.
This has nothing to do with the servers though.

it’s bug not sever creating problem hope admin finds the issue

1 Like

What would like to say about yesterday’s contest?? I have ss also this time to show how long I had to wait for submissions of a single question

I got the result for the one showing 19 min when it turned into 25 min.

This post was about delayed rank updates, and not about long submission times. At least read the content you wrote under this topic before posting a comment :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry, bro I wrote about both things. If the submissions are late then rank also will decrease right. I mean fraction of seconds difference between two contestants doesn’t matter that much but 20 fricking minutes really??

And I asked you about yesterday’s contest so kindly speak to the point if you wish to. I was just asking about your view on it.

I may not be a 5-star coder but I don’t possess any intensions to humiliate anyone without any reason.

Also, I have earned my 3-star level by participating in mostly short contests (without any plagiarism) and not hiding my profile from others like a few so-called great coders :rofl: :joy:

Looks like you are unaware of the fact that the time at which you submitted the solution is considered for ranklist evaluation.

1 Like

Also, it seems like you don’t know how to search someone’s profile on codechef get your facts correct.
Just cause you seem to be very desperate to waste your time in viewing my trash profile → LOL. I don’t even remember the last time I participated in those plagiarized long challenges