CodeChef Traditions (Unoffical)

Sadly after ICPC Snackdown came. Anyways, from what I am perceiving it should happen very soon now…

Wtf… They still follow it. No editorial for last problem :frowning:

3 Likes

@vijju123 is our pseudo admin. LOL! This was funny. True though. Thanks @vijju123

3. Never provide editorials on time.

Will talk to team to at least partially mitigate it - not adding any delays if editorialist has written them already. If editorialist hasn’t (or worse, can’t) write the editorials, then thats a little tough case right now.

Each time.

2 Likes

I think I can add something here.

Most of the times, the setters notes are not adequate - at least they were not for me many times whenever I joined panel as editorialist. I had to go through the (usually uncommented) code and kind of bang my head in reverse engg it to see what it does. I remember once the setter’s sketch consisted only of one observation + "We then use this *insert data structure here*" + "Thus, time complexity is O(N^3)" and no details of the solution itself or how to use the Data Structure XD.

5 Likes

@vijju123, why one does not demand from setter that he must make admin understand solution, and only after that accept problem? I think setters get paid for tasks.

1 Like
why one does not demand from setter that he must make admin understand solution

Codechef is already suffering from lack of good setters. Then, most of setters are international whose English may be weak. So it solves the editorialist’s issue but hosting contest becomes very difficult.

2 Likes

Last time I applied to problemset, cc took 1 year to reply so I didn’t problem set. I again applied like a month ago. Reply pls

cc will reply if your problem is good enough… they replied me too soon…

@l_returns - Contrary to your usual goodie-goodie attitude, this time you gave a hell lot of sick burn XD

@vijju123, it seems strange that setter who can create task and solution for hard problem has so weak writing technical English. It is rather endeavour to hide unwillingness to write exhaustive editorial.

I remember getting setter’s notes in foreign language once… so :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

They approved it last time. This time Hasan replied yesterday that he was busy so he’ll look into it now

sorry @mathecodician… I didn’t mean that way… :slight_smile:

there can be multiple reasons for not replying (he might be busy)… but 1 year is too long… hence I said…

@vijju123, but someone is translating problem’s task into English, so this one can translate editorials too.

No, he doesn’t translate. What happens is that, the setters “try” to write it in english - no matter how bad. The statement verifier then begins his work of improving the problem statements to something readable - and may involve multiple round of clarifications from setters. TLDR, that guy cant help mostly :frowning:

Hoping that one day it will be resolved :wink:

1 Like

This time first birthday gift from chef and IIT BHU within a week. Contest declared unrated.