Codechef unrated contests

I wonder when will codechef stop having copied problems in unrated contests and this time you don’t have to go any far
chef and Walk : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
The walking man : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone
Even the morning contest had copied problems and pathetic statements
I hope @admin will look into it

You talk about codechef having copied problems in unrated contest. Go to Hackerearth. You’ll find copied problems, wrong and confusing statements, incorrect custom judges and wrong test files even in rated contests.

3 Likes

It is actually disrespect to the original author of the problem.

Still, I don’t think it is good to link the original problem as its solution is available and the contest is still going on!

I don’t see why that makes it okay for CodeChef to do the same

1 Like

I never said it is okay for codechef.

Yes I agree with your point but I dont think it will make any difference as everybody who gave RE code might be already knowing it(given that it was one of the easy problems in that contest)

Even the very last contest Lockdown 4.0 had all the problems copied from LeetCode with some statements added and that’s why more than 100+ people were able to finish the contest. If you are organizing a contest on codechef then you should work little hard for making some innovative problems or may look for adding the concept of 2-3 problems into a single one.

1 Like

These unrated contests are organized by college chapters, the problem setters usually don’t have a lot of experience in problem setting.

All that codechef does is provide thema platform to host contest.

So Codechef shouldn’t be held responsible for it.

1 Like

Yeah but it ultimately deteriorates the reputation of the platform and thats something we don’t want.

Additionally, the last question PARNTHSS seems to have wrong constraints regarding the string size. I precomputed the Catalan numbers till 25, and struggled with WAs for almost an hour. Later, I realized that precomputing till 50 does the trick. A simple assert(s.size() <= 25) shows that the test cases were indeed not compliant.

This specific instance isn’t a lack in problem setting experience, rather a display of carelessness. Unless, of course, I’m wrong here, which is probable. Would love it if anyone would show otherwise, though.

2 Likes