Codevita experience - MUST READ

could be
companies need to maintain some % of female employees
not being rude but in that case females hav slight better chance

thats weird
what they asked?

Talking about my overall experience let me explain from the beginning …
We got a mail to reach the centre where interview is scheduled by 9:00am , i was there by 8:48 … so I was on time. Then we are assured that our interview will start by 10:30 , but nothing went as it supposed to be. Interview is been started by 12:30. Till then we are in a room which is on :fire:. The main twist comes when we get to know it is not face to face (in person) interview but interview will be taken via Skype in computer lab with third class accesories (headfones) and fourth class internet connection, but the hr round is still in person which literally means nothing.
I didn’t understand why tcs called all of us on centre if they have to take the interview via Skype they should better call the selected ppl for HR round later.
Still things were pity rough, there is no particular order of interview. I don’t know whether they hate me or not but i can surely say they don’t like me atleast…haha.
I was one of the first guys to submit application form so we are supposed to be called initially but “fuck the rules and other things …tcs shows itself like a south movie” where ppl mostly do dumb things to show themselves different.
My friend get a call for interview near about 2:00pm (after 5 hrs) well thats not too late.
We were nothing more than jobless, needy piece of shit so we are supposed to look at the HR every time she came out and call the names whos gonna be interviewed.

I’m skipping many things what I have done in these hours “discussion” what ppl asked in that interview… most told they were asked simple profit and loss formulas and many other fucked up things … though the only thing which seems common in all selected candidates is they all know the exact wikipedia definitions of ml, ai , cloud computing and block chain.
Even some guys told me that they checked out there resume and asked most of things from resume.
Now the time is 3:00pm I thought my application is misplaced somewhere so o asked one guy from tcs to check it out, he only says just wait. I have no other option other than waiting so i just waited. My energy was drained and literally i don’t wanna be interviewed today. Also I have seen a slight difference in the approach of interview after 5 they hardly selected any guy after that even a guy I know who’s regional rank is 15 in Kanpur regionals last year also became victim…Lol he just came for experience but that was bitter experience for him.
Now its time for my turn its 6:10pm approx when I was called for the same. See the difference they told me to reach there by 9:00am, i have to wait for around 9 hrs which is quite big amount of time (which is totally wasted).
Tcs doesn’t care about your time, I don’t think any service based company does.
Now I have reached my desk putted on my headfones , i haven’t sitted yet but Interview asked me my name.
I replied.
He says say loudly.
I told again with louder voice.
He again unable to get it.
I tried two more times, I was about to yell my name but i thought why shouldn’t i just msg him my name. I just did.
Then he asks “tell me about yourself”
I have told everything from my name to my degree, passion, skills and all, it was more like summary of my resume.
He asked what you have done in IT .
What I thought is “fuck is this guy totally dumb” i have just told everything.
Then he asked which language you cade
I said cpp.
One thing is to be noted the interviewer was quite rude with me. Maybe it is because of glitch in the start but his arrogance is increasing exponentially even I tried my every single way to make him feel like “I’m really sorry for the glitches”.
He asked about type casting and a program to code Fibonacci sequence I have told him all three approaches I knew iterative, recursive or dp approach (well i have done mistake here iterative solution is enough for them).
Then he asked me about linked list,
I answered.
Then he asked me whether I know data structures.
I have already mentioned many times I am quite comfortable in data structures and algorithms.
Then he asked nothing and told me rudely you are done for today (he was quite rude). Maybe I can hit him if he is on his this statement if he was in person. It really felt bad.
Then here comes the second interviwer on cam trying to damage control things. I don’t know what is going on and why. I didn’t made the interviewers doughter pregnant ( even if i get a chance i prefer contraceptives) suraksha hi savdhaani hai.

Though the second interviwer asked few questions just for damage control I was sure by then that I’m going to be rejected.
She asked definition of cloud computing and applications. I explained that quite well.
Then she told the same thing the first dork interviwer told , but this time its quite polite.
I accepted there concern.
And asked for the feedback by apologizing for bad connection and anything whatever is been wrong from my side(its totally unintentional).

Then again the dork guy said rudely ," u should go, u will get ur feedback from ur hr".
This is time I literally about to say shut-up mother fucker, I’m not talking to you.
But controlled my emotions and left the desk.
After 5-7 minutes one guy from tcs came outside the cabin and told me that i should leave for today. I sincerely left.

I was really worked hard to prepare for it, even done few projects on ml within 20-30 days as I believed that i didn’t get digital from codevita only because I don’t have any project on any advance technology like ml, AI or cloud computing and others.
But he didn’t even asked for them didn’t even sees my resume, he didn’t care about my hard work to improve my algorithmic and problem solving skills, i definitely never want to work for such dorks.

I am from tier3(…4. …5 definitely the lowest) college. There is no scope of food placements from my college campus placements. I definitely wanted something which is somehow good for me, and digital is the only option I had. Also it doesn’t mean i was fully dependent but i just wanted it so that for latter day in the year i should focus more on improving my problem solving skills and try for se product based companies or startups.

Hope you understand all the conditions and somehow feel how I’m feeling.
I don’t know how to react as I am rejected not because of my skills and not because of hard Interview but the because of the wrong person in front of me who don’t have enough skill to take Interview. He never tried to understand the pressure i was feeling at that time.

I believe this should must not be happen with anyone.
Thanks for reading.

6 Likes

i read your each and every word
ur bad experience is probably due to bad internet connection and coz u were among the last candidates for the interview
the interviewer was probably frustrated due to whole day process and internet connection too
and the reason abt the resume thing might coz it was on Skype and he might hav seen ur resume on their portal (remember we uploaded our resume while applying. My interviewer was viewing that only but i insisted to look updated one. Btw it was f2f for me)
Dont loose heart
these things happen even for product based companies
honestly dont focus too much on prob solving skills as really very few companies need that
rather work on full stack dev (probably do some certifications too)

1 Like

btw how do u know that u r rejected??
they jst said you to go home isn’t it?
you will get official mail frm TCS regarding the it

I wish you get the best in everything in your life from now on :heart:

2 Likes

Bro, your story had a good build up but a very disappointing ending

1 Like

His story hasn’t ended yet … picture abhi baaki hai mere dost :wink:

1 Like

To fir se likho.
(Then write again. )

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:(20 char)

Any sites to look for off-campus placement contests?

1 Like

Those who were selected have to face one more round (HR) thats how I figured out and also i believe “u can go for today” is the best way to tell “get the shit out of here you rejected witch”.

1 Like

Thank you very much, this matters for me a lot.

1 Like

Have a look at my experience too…