Deleting the post

Hell No. He only gave the online coding test of google(200/200) , he never got shortlisted for any google interview. How can he show his communication skills if not allowed for interview ?

And yea, girls in his own class with no background in coding/cp/projects were called for interviews after they scored (15…20…25/200) . Does not take a big brain to understand what just happened here.

i truly think that people today have started to focus all attention to coding and programming cuz if you knew even basic political science, you’d know that its called “giving a chance to the historically marginalized groups” Equality does not mean that everyone should be treated equally, it means that everyone should be treated in a manner that makes everyone equal, i.e, by giving an extra opportunity to those who earlier didn’t enjoy such benefits. If anything, I’d say its your ancestor’s fault.

If you really think you deserve to get into google, stop whining and just focus on improving yourself

what happened? The implementation of the official policy to take 33% female workforce?

IM(International Master on cf & codejam round-3 qualifier) and gsocer is better than 99.9% freshers in India, what fucking thing he needs to improve now ? Does he need to improve his gender now ?

firstly, there’s no one who can know everything, so there’s always room for improvement.
Secondly, it’s not like the girls being selected are just dumb and can’t code. Some might not be as good as whoever this friend of yours is, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t girls who get selected on merit
The only reason why companies hire more girls even if they are not as good in comparison is the fact that when they take girls from tier - II or tier - III colleges, they don’t need to pay them grandly, while at the same time fulfilling their official role to have at least 33% female workforce

Lets say I agree with you whole-heartedly.

Google only selected girls in last month’s offcampus drive for interns . Don’t you think they should have atleast mentioned that its a girl’s only test ? Why waste so much time,energy,effort of guys who prepare so hard in return to get rejected only because he was a guy.

Also, I don’t know how can you justify selecting 15/200 person over 200/200 person no matter what the gender is !

I agree with diversity hiring , but it should not come at such a great cost of talent being abused .

And why they do such tricks in India only ? Because they know they can get away with it easily in India ?

I won’t discuss anymore on this issue . Cf blog is enough.
(They just fill up more and more undeserved females at entry level jobs just to satisfy your 33.3% criteria, very few senior level jobs are assigned to females cuz their they cant afford such a loss of hiring undeserved girls. Girls are bringing shame to themselves by not being able, being given a silver spoon in mouth)

Also, in engineering colleges across India, there are not even 10% of females in each college, then how a company can expect 33.3% in jobs ? What kind of discrimination is this ?

If you want to fix something, fix it as the root level, by encouraging more females to take up engineering , giving them better education but not by taking places of 100s/1000s of guys who worked damn hard for 3-4 years.

Maybe you never worked hard in your life, so you don’t value it.

Peace out!

1 Like

DO you even know what you are saying? Boys should reap the sins of their forefathers and Girls should enjoy the struggle of their ancestors. Who the hell are you to say that? That’s completely wrong. You mean the blacks should be considered over deserving whites since blacks were oppressed in the past. It doesn’t happen. See the point is these practices would further increase the hatred between different groups/genders. I am not against or in favour of diversity hiring but the point that you said that I should bear the sins of my ancestors is completely wrong and unethical.

3 Likes

Exactly , after this case there is only one thing happen , which is hate between two genders , and also I think the mistake is mostly of us only , as u previously said ( the promise comment ) this the only option , if a challenge is common for all and the selection criteria is only coding challenge then this is so wrong that the u select one gender and don’t select other gender not bcz he is not able to do question but bcz the person is male totally wrong.

And, that’s a wrap. There already exists another place where the community is discussing this. If you want to discuss it here as well, be civil and objective, but that’s an impossible ask. So closing the thread.